Employers Provide Leadership on Environmental Stewardship, Innovation, and Sustainability
MADISON – Twenty-two Wisconsin companies have been nominated for the prestigious Business Friend of the Environment Awards, honoring leadership in sustainability, environmental innovation, and stewardship.
The 2015 Business Friend of the Environment Awards are presented by Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce (WMC), the state’s chamber of commerce and largest business association.
“These companies are the industry leaders in keeping our environment clean and creating cutting edge innovations,” said Eric Bott, WMC director of environmental and energy policy. “In Wisconsin, we are very fortunate to have so many companies that go above and beyond the environmental regulatory standards and protect our environment for our state.”
Nine awards, based on company size, will be presented to businesses for their commitment and improvements in the areas of sustainability, innovative technology, and environmental stewardship.
Winners will be honored during the 26th Annual Environmental Policy and Awards Conference on May 21 at the Milwaukee Marriott West in Waukesha, featuring an in-depth discussion of the leading environmental regulatory issues facing Wisconsin businesses. Wisconsin DNR Secretary Cathy Stepp will keynote the event. The conference will provide the latest updates from state and federal regulators and legal experts, including a panel discussion on energy efficiency and presentations on the following topics:
- Updates from the top air and water personnel at the Wisconsin DNR
- Trends in water than can impact your bottom line
- State budget and environmental policy update
- Keeping out of the lawyer’s office – clean air tips to avoid violations and litigation
Winners are selected by an independent judging panel with representatives from industry, environmental groups, the Department of Natural Resources, and the University of Wisconsin.
2015 Business Friend of the Environment Nominees
- Calumet Superior LLC, Superior
- Empire Screen Printing, La Crosse
- Enbridge Energy Company, Inc., Janesville
- Fairmount Santrol, Menomonie
- Fox River Fiber Co., De Pere
- Frito Lay, Beloit
- Grede LLC, Reedsburg
- Gundersen Health System, La Crosse
- Inpro, Muskego
- ITU AbsorbTech, Inc., New Berlin
- Masters Gallery Foods, Inc., Plymouth
- Meals On Wheels of Sheboygan County, Inc., Sheboygan
- MillerCoors LLC, Milwaukee
- Nucor Cold Finish Wisconsin, Inc., Oak Creek
- Oshkosh Defense, LLC, Oshkosh
- Phillips-Medisize Corp., Eau Claire
- R3NEW Recycling, Neenah
- Robinway Dairy LLC, Kiel
- Unimin Corporation, Tomah
- The Wagner Companies, Milwaukee
- Waupaca Foundry, Inc., Waupaca
- Xcel Energy, Eau Claire
Click here for award program information. Or, click here to register for the WMC Environmental Policy and Awards Conference.
WMC Environmental Policy and Awards Conference
For More Information Contact:
Eric Bott, WMC, (608) 258-3400