WMC Focuses on Improving Business Climate
MILWAUKEE — Briggs & Stratton Corporation Chairman, President and CEO Todd J. Teske has been re-elected chairman of WMC, the state’s chamber of commerce and largest business association in a vote of the WMC Board today.
Daniel T. Ariens, President/CEO of Ariens Company, was re-elected Vice Chair at the WMC Annual Board Meeting at the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee.
“Wisconsin has made great strides in the past two years improving our business climate, but we can do even more,” said WMC President/CEO Kurt R. Bauer. “We have a real opportunity to build on our successes and get into the Top 10 pro-business states in the nation.” Governor Scott Walker urged lawmakers to push to get Wisconsin onto the list of Top 10 pro-business states at the WMC State of Wisconsin Business luncheon in November.
WMC will continue to pursue a broad public policy agenda aimed at cutting taxes, reforming regulation relief, lawsuit reform, workforce development and infrastructure improvements, Bauer said. “We are very pleased to see the Legislature moving so swiftly on iron mining reform and demonstrating a real commitment to job creation.”
In addition, Tod B. Linstroth, Senior Partner & Member of Management Committee, Michael Best & Friedrich, LLP, was re-elected Secretary of WMC; and Timothy L. Christen, CEO, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP, was re-elected Treasurer of WMC.
Others elected or re-elected to WMC’s 52-member board at the Annual Membership Meeting are:
- Randal W. Baker, President/COO, P&H Mining Equipment, Inc., Milwaukee
- Robert L. Keller, Chairman, J.J. Keller & Associates, Inc., Neenah
- Patrick J. McConnell, CEO/Owner, FLASH, Inc., Green Lake
- James J. McIntyre, CEO, Greenheck Fan Corporation, Schofield
- Scott A. Mayer, President, QPS Employment Group, Brookfield
- Gina A. Peter, Director Wisconsin Commercial Banking, Wells Fargo Bank Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- Karl A. Schmidt, President/CEO, Belmark Inc., DePere
- Kristine N. Seymour, President, Wisconsin and Michigan Markets, Humana, Inc., Waukesha
- Karen L. Szyman, Executive Director, The Chamber of Manitowoc County, Manitowoc
- S. Mark Tyler, President, OEM Fabricators, Woodville
- David J. Yanda, President/CEO, Lakeside Foods, Inc., Manitowoc
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Jim Pugh, (608) 219-0157
— 30 —