Wisconsin Health Care: Preparing for the New Normal Part 2: Implementing the Affordable Care Act
Seminar for businesses, produced by WMC Foundation, the educational division of Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce
Speakers include Secretary Kitty Rhoades, Wisconsin Department of Health Services. Rhoades will address changes in health care and what they mean for Wisconsin employers. Charles Stevens, a partner at Michael Best & Friedrich LLP, will discuss the top 10 things employers need to know regarding issues such as:
- What you don’t know – traps and pitfalls
- How to deal with contingent workers
- How to avoid trouble with so-called “grandfathered” plans
The following insurance experts will discuss the future of employer-offered insurance:
- Michael Victorson, President & CEO – M3 Insurance
- Dustin Hinton, Vice President Key Accounts, Wisconsin – UnitedHealthcare
- Stacey Sinkula, Managing Actuary – Humana Small Business
The Affordable Care Act was designed to address the uninsured population and make health care more affordable. How is that shaping up?
- What the insurance companies are doing to change the design of health coverage, and how that will affect employers, employees, and general citizens
- What the Affordable Care Act will do to Medicare/Medicaid
- Proposed fees and how they will be passed along to consumers
Thursday, June 6, 2013
1:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Monona Terrace Community & Convention Center, Madison
Ballrooms A and B
200+ Wisconsin business leaders
About WMC Foundation
Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce is the state chamber of commerce, manufacturers association and state safety council. WMC Foundation is WMC’s educational entity which works to educate the public and the business community about matters of importance to Wisconsin’s business community.
For Further Information Contact:
Program logistics: Jim Morgan, 608.235.6660
Health care policy: Chris Reader, 608.438.0370