MADISON — Twenty-five Wisconsin companies have been nominated for the prestigious Business Friend of the Environment Awards, honoring leadership in pollution prevention, environmental innovation, and stewardship.
The 2012 Business Friend of the Environment Awards are presented by Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce (WMC).
“These employers have gone well beyond regulatory compliance and are providing outstanding examples of how environmentally conscious Wisconsin companies can be,” said Scott Manley, WMC director environmental and energy policy.
Nine awards, based on company size, will be presented to businesses for their commitment and improvements in the areas of pollution prevention, innovative technology, and environmental stewardship.
Winners will be honored during the 23rd Annual Environmental Policy and Awards Conference on May 10, at the Country Springs Conference Center in Pewaukee. Conference highlights will include:
- How will new federal air standards impact Wisconsin businesses from a cost and compliance standpoint?
- What changes are in store for Wisconsin’s water program as a result of new state rules and EPA oversight?
- Will pending litigation on federal air rules impact businesses? What are the litigation trends impacting air permits?
- How will Wisconsin legislative changes streamline regulations and enhance regulatory certainty?
- What is the DNR’s strategy for implementing new federal air quality standards, and how will it affect permitting?
- What do I need to know about the DNR’s proposal to change environmental cleanup regulations?
Winners are selected by an independent judging panel with representatives from industry, the Department of Natural Resources, and the University of Wisconsin.
2012 Business Friend of the Environment Nominees
3M, Prairie du Chien
Brillion Iron Works, Brillion
Century Foods International, Sparta
EOG Resources, Inc., Chippewa Falls
Green Bay Packaging Inc., Green Bay
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc., La Crosse
Jennie-O Turkey Store – Barron WI Plant, Barron
Kimberly-Clark Experimental Mill, Neenah
Mercury Marine, Fond du Lac
Milk Source, LLC, Kaukauna
Monona Terrace Community & Convention Center, Madison
Packaging Corporation of America (PCA), Tomahawk
Phillips Plastics Corporation, Eau Claire
R.A. Smith National, Inc., Brookfield
Sargento Foods Inc., Plymouth
SC Johnson, Racine
St. Elizabeth Hospital (Affinity Health System), Appleton
ThyssenKrupp Waupaca, Waupaca
Veolia Environmental Services, Milwaukee
Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges & Universities, Madison
Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation, Madison
Wisconsin Public Service, Green Bay
WS Packaging Group, Inc., Green Bay
Click here for more information, or to register for the WMC Environmental Policy and Awards Conference.
WMC Environmental Policy and Awards Conference
For Further Information Contact:
Scott Manley, (608) 258-3400