Employers Provide Leadership on Environmental Stewardship
MADISON — Twelve Wisconsin companies have been nominated for the prestigious Business Friend of the Environment Awards, honoring leadership in pollution prevention, environmental innovation, and stewardship.
The 2013 Business Friend of the Environment Awards are presented by Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce (WMC), the state’s chamber of commerce and largest business association.
“These 12 companies are among the premiere protectors of the environment in the entire state of Wisconsin,” said Eric Bott, WMC director of environmental and energy policy. “In Wisconsin, businesses lead the way to protect our natural resources – going above and beyond regulations. Conservation protects the environment, and it makes good business sense.”
Six awards, based on company size, will be presented to businesses for their commitment and improvements in the areas of pollution prevention, innovative technology, and environmental stewardship.
Winners will be honored during the 24th Annual Environmental Policy and Awards Conference on May 15, at the Country Springs Conference Center in Pewaukee, featuring an in-depth discussion of the leading environmental regulatory issues facing Wisconsin businesses:
- How will new federal air standards impact Wisconsin businesses from a cost and compliance standpoint? What is DNR’s strategy for implementing these regulations?
- Hear from the Director of the DNR’s Division of Air, Waste, Remediation and Redevelopment (AWaRe). What are the big issues facing businesses under AWaRe’s purview this year?
- What are the current trends in environmental litigation?
- What does DNR’s rule on phosphorus emissions mean for businesses and local governments?
- What can we expect to see in environmental policy changes at the state level this session?
- Hear from past winners of the BFOE award about best practices, what it takes to go beyond compliance, and why that can be a benefit to business.
Winners are selected by an independent judging panel with representatives from industry, the Department of Natural Resources, and the University of Wisconsin.
2013 Business Friend of the Environment Nominees
3M Prairie du Chien, Prairie du Chien
American Transmission Co., Madison
Ayres Associates, Madison
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, Wauwatosa
Del Monte Foods – Plover, Plover
Frito-Lay, Inc., Beloit
Grede LLC, Reedsburg
Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Menomonee Falls
J.F. Ahern Co., Fond du Lac
SC Johnson, Racine
Spilfyter by NPS Corp., Green Bay
Wisconsin Industrial Sand Company, Menomonie
Click here for more information, or to register for the WMC Environmental Policy and Awards Conference.
WMC Environmental Policy and Awards Conference
For Further Information Contact:
Eric Bott or Scott Manley, (608) 258-3400