WAUKESHA–The WMC Board of Directors Thursday re-elected Wausau Paper President & CEO Thomas J. Howatt as Chair of the 3,500-member business trade group.
Todd J. Teske, Chairman, President & CEO of Briggs & Stratton Corporation, was re-elected Vice Chair at the Annual Board Meeting at the Country Springs Hotel, Waukesha.
“The WMC Board is very enthusiastic about the pro-jobs agenda being advanced by Governor Scott Walker and the new Legislature,” said James S. Haney, WMC President & CEO. “Wisconsin businesses see positive changes coming from the State Capitol that will improve our business climate on taxes, regulations, and lawsuit reform.”
WMC is actively promoting the Wisconsin Jobs for the Future Agenda, which calls for reforms that will create jobs. Wisconsin Jobs for the Future calls for spending restraint, tax relief, regulation reform and legal reforms. “We are pleased to see many of these proposals under consideration in the Legislature,” Haney added.
In addition, Tod B. Linstroth, Senior Partner & Member of Management Committee, Michael Best & Friedrich, LLP, was re-elected Secretary of WMC; Timothy L. Christen, CEO, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP, was re-elected Treasurer of WMC; James S. Haney was re-elected President of WMC; and James A. Buchen and James R. Morgan were re-elected Vice Presidents of WMC.
Others elected or re-elected to WMC’s 52-member Board at the Annual Membership Meeting are:
- Daniel T. Ariens, President & CEO, Ariens Company, Brillion
- Sidney (Skip) H. Bliss, President & CEO, Bliss Communications, Janesville
- Mark D. Bugher, Director, University Research Park, Inc., Madison
- William J. Butsic, Plant Manager, ConAgra Foods, Menomonie
- Thomas A. Burke, President & CEO, Modine Manufacturing Company, Racine
- Michael Kogelis, Community Banking President, Wells Fargo Bank Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- Peter G. McPartland, President & COO, Sentry Insurance a Mutual Company, Stevens Point
- J. R. Menard, Executive Vice President & Treasurer, Menard, Inc., Eau Claire
- Van W. Nutt, Executive Director, Middleton Chamber of Commerce, Middleton
- Paul Palmby, Executive Vice President & COO, Seneca Foods Corporation, Janesville
- Jerry G. Ryder, President, InSinkErator Division, Emerson Electric Company, Racine
- Rajan Sheth, Chairman, President & CEO, Mead & Hunt, Inc., Madison
- Michael L. Swenson, President & CEO, Northern States Power Company – Wisconsin, An Xcel Energy Company, Eau Claire
- Glen E. Tellock, Chairman, President & CEO, The Manitowoc Company, Inc., Manitowoc
- Jeff Thompson, M.D., CEO, Gundersen Lutheran, La Crosse
- Kelly L. Wolff, Vice President Manufacturing, Green Bay Operations, Georgia-Pacific, Green Bay
- David J. Yanda, President & CEO, Lakeside Foods, Inc., Manitowoc
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
James S. Haney, (608) 258-3400
— 30 —