About 20% of your corporate profits are eaten up every year by preventable workplace injuries.
- One disabling injury can cost you $29,000
- One devastating fatality can set you back $1 million
The Numbers Don’t Lie
For every $1 your company invests in safety training, you should expect a $3 savings in injury costs. No further proof is needed. Safety training is a smart investment.
Steps to a Safer Workplace and a Healthier Bottom Line
The Wisconsin Safety Council’s training programs can help lower your risks - and your costs.
- Certificate in Principles of Safety
- Advanced Safety Certificate
- Supervisor Safety Certificate
Choose from our programs that will make a positive impact on your organization’s safety. Start where you want, and go as far as you need. Earn certificates at your convenience. Our courses are developed by experts in the field and delivered by National Safety Council certified instructors.
CERTIFICATE IN PRINCIPLES OF SAFETY
Principles of Occupational Safety and Health (POSH)
Upon successful completion of POSH, you will earn the Certificate in Principles of Safety. The certificate also qualifies you to pursue the Advanced Safety Certificate (ASC). POSH is an intensive four-day course, covering 19 topics which will give you a firm grounding in the fundamentals of workplace safety and health. This course delivers a solid curriculum of important safety concepts with an emphasis on best practices for implementing and managing a safety program. It is a great introduction for anyone new to safety responsibilities, and an excellent review for experienced safety practitioners. Discussion and practical exercises show you what is needed to develop a safety action plan for your organization. We also show you how to put them into practice to help prevent injuries and related costs. Translate the fundamentals into action plans.
ADVANCED SAFETY CERTIFICATE
Complete the Certificate in Principles of Safety and Health. Then, take a minimum of 5.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from the following courses:
Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene (FIH) (2.6 CEUs)
Safety Management Techniques (SMT) - (2.6 CEUs)
Safety Training Methods (STM) - (2.6 CEUs)
Ergonomics: Managing for Results - (.65 CEUs)
Incident Investigation: A Root Cause Analysis - (.65 CEUs)
Job Safety Analysis (JSA) - (.65 CEUs)
Safety Inspections - (.65 CEUs)
Team Safety - (.65 CEUs)
Drive your workplace safety program to a new, more powerful level by earning your Advanced Safety Certificate (ASC). You’ll be able to maximize your effectiveness as a safety manager and leader with knowledge of the best safety practices.
The core courses in the ASC program give you a solid foundation of knowledge to meet all your safety challenges. Elective courses in this program allow you to acquire in-depth knowledge which can help you prepare for the Certified Safety Professional (CSP) exam.
What you will learn:
- Field-tested, practical and efficient solutions to workplace safety and health issues
- Techniques for a balanced approach to safety management addressing administrative, technical and cultural elements
- Management skills to establish yourself as a problem-solver and a decision maker
- Knowing when, how and to whom you should delegate safety responsibilities
- Setting safety performance measures for your organization and employees
- Creating a management plan tailored to your organization’s safety and health practices
- Assessing your organization’s safety training needs to deliver performance-based training
- Designing a safety training program customized for your organization
Complete the ASC program by earning a minimum of 5.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from the courses listed. All coursework must be completed in five years.
NOTE: Principles of Occupational Safety and Health (POSH) is required for the ASC certificate.
Testimonials: ""I loved it. I will definitely recommend to co-workers interested in pursuing a safety career. Provides excellent practical information for people in all levels of an organization." - Samantha Verstraate, Johnsonville Sausage
"Thoroughly enjoyed the information sharing and interaction with our class participants." - 2012 course participant
"I would recommend all of my fellow safety and non-safety colleagues to this program. Great program - please clone Dave Amos." - Ken Schmidt, Kerry, Inc.
SUPERVISOR SAFETY CERTIFICATE
Our Supervisor Safety Certificate courses will provide new and veteran supervisors with a clear insight into their occupational safety and health responsibilities. This certificate program is a must for all supervisors and will illustrate how supervisors can reduce accidents, increase profitability and ensure a healthy working environment.
This certificate program focuses on the identification and assessment of hazards, incident prevention, and the participant’s role in the safety, health and environmental programs at their facility. Continuous emphasis is placed on how the knowledge and skills developed transfer to the participant’s everyday work experiences.
Complete the Supervisor Safety Certificate by completing the three core courses and one elective:
OSHA 30-hour General Industry
This is practical knowledge for everyone from front line workers to top executives.
- Learn to design and implement effective safety programs that eliminate hazards, and reduce risks and costs.
- See how improving safety improves your productivity and your profits.
- Take courses that fit your needs, interests, and experience level.
- Develop new skills that get you professional recognition and respect.
For more information on these programs, or to customize a program for delivery at your facility, contact WSC, 800.236.3400.