Sign on as an Instructor
…and teach National Safety Council emergency care programs in your community. It’s not only financially rewarding; it lets you make a lasting impact on peoples’ lives.
Easier than you might think
If you’re certified to teach first aid and CPR, you may be pre-qualified. In that case, simply sign the instructor agreement, purchase the programs you want to teach and start training. If you’re not currently qualified, we make it easy to attend an instructor course near you .
No boundaries, no limits
You can offer instruction at convenient times, emphasize the topics and skills your students need to learn, and select teaching methods you’re comfortable with. We offer a wide range of programs, so you can stick with the basics or explore specialized areas.
You’re backed by the best
As a National Safety Council instructor, you’re backed by years of expertise in emergency care. More than 70 national health, professional and government organizations have contributed to our course content. Our course materials are unmatched for quality. And we’ll be here for you if you have any questions or concerns.
NSC emergency care instructors teach essential life-savings skills to more than 30,000 students every month at over 2,500 training centers worldwide – while NSC handles all of the student administration.
Take the next step
Get more information by calling WSC at 608.661.6940, or by completing the NSC instructor form. Or, start the application process right now.
Want to teach our classes:
- Within your company?
- Through an educational institution?
In these cases you must become a training center (in addition to becoming an instructor), and sign the appropriate training center agreement.
- Instructor courses. Course descriptions and classes scheduled by our chapter network. Link to Courses in Wisconsin.
- We even help you get students. See the searchable database of training centers and instructors.
- Instructor kits may be purchased in our public shopping cart, or in the new Emergency Care Instructor Portal, an online community of practice exclusively for NSC instructors.
- Take a tour of the Emergency Care Instructors Portal.
Boring, click-of-the-slide-projector training?
Not with NSC training. Our materials make it easy to present, enjoyable to teach, and exciting for students:
- Instructor Resource Manuals with course objectives and outlines, teaching strategies, exams, and more.
- Student Manuals with full-color photos and illustrations, plus flow charts for quick protocol reference.
- DVDs and videos that demonstrate the latest techniques through emergency situations.
- CD-ROMs with PowerPoint® presentations, tests, and video clips.
Are you an instructor of another provider?
If so, you’re most likely eligible to be grandfathered in as an NSC instructor. Compare the cost of your current program with ours. We’re so confident our programs will cost you less; we’ll do the math for you!
For additional information on becoming an Emergency Care Instructor, please contact
Wisconsin Safety Council
501 E. Washington Ave, Madison, WI 53703