Member Job Openings
To Submit a Job Opening – See the bottom of this page
Posted: August 11, 2017
Executive Director, Wisconsin Safety Council
Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce, Madison, WI
The Wisconsin Safety Council is currently seeking candidates for the position of Executive Director. If you or anyone you know is interested in this position, please contact:
Samantha Kuhl, CPC, Lead Professional Recruiter
QPS Employment Group, Serving WI & Northern IL
(262) 754-6898 (direct); (608) 206-2864 (cell)
In conjunction with the Vice President of Operations & Finance, the Executive Director of Wisconsin Safety Council (WSC) will identify, evaluate, and support the development and implementation of new and existing programs, and membership growth that will support business objectives. Within that framework plan, organize, coordinate, and directs staff, programs and activities of the WSC.
Primary Responsibilities & Expectations
- Manages the growth and structure for the Member Programs Division
- Responsible for fulfillment of the vision, growth and profitability for the WSC Annual Safety Conference, annual trainings and seminars.
- Cultivates and replenishes a strong diverse advisory board consisting of talented industry, academic, government and trade group professionals dedicated to the mission of WSC, to assure ongoing resources for ideas, volunteer support services, new membership sources and services, and strategic planning. Plan and hold meetings with the advisory board to assure ongoing commitment and involvement. Act as a liaison to the WSC Advisory Board. Advise advisory board and Foundation board representative regarding needed governance actions or changes to be acted upon by the Foundation Board.
- Ensures organization’s mission, goals, objectives and related policies and programs are met.
- Manages the growth and finances of WSC including preparation of an annual budget and long-range forecasts of needs for the organization.
- Recruits, hires, trains and motivates staff; administers an effective personnel program including position descriptions, performance standards/appraisals.
- Develops and implements business development plans as assigned by executive team.
- Formulates timetables for the development, implementation, and accountability for outcomes.
- Monitors data for positive and negative business trends and proactively design solutions and strategies for problems and/or opportunities.
- Advocates, organizes and executes networking activities for new member acquisition and maintenance of current relationships.
- Responsible for developing and managing training, sales of products, and customer service.
- Develops annual training calendar and resources needed to successfully deliver the training.
- Ensures training materials are current and updated.
- Coordinates and manages the service agreements and logistics with vendors, and contractors.
- Develops value-added and profitable products and services for organization.
- Liaison and advocate for organization’s relationship with the community and business/community related membership.
- Works with WMC Government Relations, Insurance and Membership teams to incorporate their strategies into organizations product and training offerings.
- Represents WMC, WSC, and NSC Media outlets including organizing and conducting press conferences.
- Identifies and organizes meetings with the executive team and prospective target business/community members.
- Increases the WSC image and visibility with all publics, community organizations, and constituents.
- Ensures the legal integrity of the organizations.
- Functions as the point person for member concerns and issues that need to be resolved.
- Fosters collaboration and internal attention toward areas that have significant potential for growth and profitability opportunities.
- Editor of WSC Newsletters.
- Coordinates and facilitates orientation sessions for new employees and Partners.
Must be able to work with high-level professionals as well as think strategically and analytically. Energy and enthusiasm are a big plus! Bachelor’s degree in related field is required as well as an in-depth understanding of professional/member services market is recommended.
Required Skill Sets and Characteristics
• Self starter with a results orientation
• Positive outlook and clear focus on high quality
• Team player & team builder
• Demonstrate skills in gathering and analyzing data
• Customer service oriented
• Leadership skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Attention to detail/organized
• Ability to multi-task
Education and/or Experience
• Four-year college degree.
• Five or more years of business development, sales management and/or marketing experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to write clear, concise memos, emails and give presentations.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to gather, analyze data and provide sound recommendations.
• High level of customer service orientation.
• Ability to positively interface with management, employees, corporate staff.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• In-depth understanding of business development process and safety industry trends.
• Proficient with technology concepts.
Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations and social organization to keep abreast of latest trends in the industry.
Supervises a team consisting of Program Managers, Coordinators, and Customer Service Specialists.
How to Apply:
Contact Samantha Kuhl, CPC, Lead Professional Recruiter, QPS Employment Group, Serving WI & Northern IL, Email: SKuhl@qpsemployment.com or (262) 754-6898 (direct); (608) 206-2864 (cell).
Posted: August 7, 2017
Turnkey Processing Solutions, Warrensville, IL
Turnkey Processing Solutions, LLC has an opportunity for an experienced mine safety professional for its expanding Wisconsin operations. The Manager of Safety is responsible for compliance and enforcement of safety-related rules, laws and procedures as well as the development and implementation of safety programs designed to minimize risk of injury of employees and damage to the equipment and facilities for an aggregate mining project management company.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Advises Safety Director on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions; Developing a culture of Safety First
• Audits work areas to identify, facilitate and correct potential hazards and ensure compliance with safety regulations.
• Provides or coordinates Industrial Hygiene surveys for respirable dust, welding fume, mists and noise at both MSHA and OSHA facilities.
• Coordinates and communicates incident investigations to minimize reoccurrence, assures the preparation of accident reports, and confirms closure of corrective actions, develop response to MSHA citations and challenges to citations if warranted
• Keeps current with regard to technical and regulatory issues for employee safety and health.
• Provide guidance on the purchase and maintenance of safety equipment.
• Responsible for ensuring Workers Compensation claims management process is followed and claims are handled effectively.
• Facilitate all MSHA and OSHA audits and inspections
• Manage MSHA required training and documentation, maintaining accurate record keeping of safety compliance and employee training records.
• Audit contractors for MSHA compliance
• Audit safety compliance of all major capital projects
• Audit safety of activities during any major shutdown
• Contact for the sites for critical incident management and regulatory agency audits/inspections
• Other duties as assigned Safety Director
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 3 years of Mining Safety experience, or experience as a Plant or Operations manager at a mining facility or similar industry
• Ability to conduct Industrial Hygiene surveys for respiratory and noise exposures.
• Strong MSHA compliance background and an understanding of MSHA regulations
• Strong understanding of operation and maintenance of aggregate and sand processing equipment
• Ability to conduct required MSHA Part 48 or 46 training and develop curriculum to facilitate the training
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain good relationships with company and regulatory personnel
• Strong leadership skills; possess the ability to lead by example, manage, mentor and coach; have a proven track record for creating employee ownership of safety
• Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks; and the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to work unconventional hours as necessary or requested, travel between several locations where necessary
How to Apply
Please send resumes to Peter at email@example.com
Posted: July 31, 2017
Safety & Loss Control Consultant
Rural Mutual Insurance Company, Wausau
Rural Mutual Insurance Company has a great opportunity for an experienced safety and loss control professional to join our growing team. We are seeking a highly motivated, ambitious, experienced, and outgoing safety and loss control professional that will be equipped to work from home throughout northern Wisconsin. You will be meeting with farms, agri-business, commercial, and municipalities to provide training and inspections. As part of a greater team dedicated to the safety and financial protection of our policyholders, you will provide policy holders with guidance and technical expertise on a range of safety topics. Rural Mutual has been recognized by the Ward Group as one of the top 50 property & casualty insurance companies in the country for the ninth consecutive year and is rated “A” with a positive outlook by AM Best. We have also been named one of Madison Magazine’s “Best Places To Work”. This is the kind of company you want to work for doing the kind of job you love to do…protecting people and property. Rural Mutual places significant value in providing our policyholders best in class services, and provides competitive compensation packages for our employees. We also provide all of the tools you need to be successful working from your home office including company vehicle and access to continued professional development and education.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide consultation services including safety training, safety and loss control inspections, loss history evaluations, and program development to medium and large size commercial policyholders.
• Assist the commercial lines underwriting process by evaluating client operations, risks and controls. This includes safety and loss control pre-surveys of large commercial prospects and annual surveys of existing accounts.
• Prepare technical safety and loss control reports, develop appropriate safety and loss control recommendations, and issue recommendation letters to policyholders.
• Provide technical training and guidance to agents and underwriting staff on safety and loss control topics.
• Develop safety and loss control resource materials that can be provided to our agents, underwriters and policyholders.
• Assist in the continued development of the safety and loss control material library and website.
• Improve processes within the company to increase the level and quality of service provided to internal and external customers.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety, Insurance or equivalent degree or work experience.
• Minimum of five years of safety and/or loss control experience in insurance, manufacturing, construction or agriculture.
• Knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, DOT, NFPA and other relevant safety standards.
• Outstanding communication skills.
• Proficient personal computer skills with the ability to use MS Office Suite.
• Self – motivated and the ability to work independently.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Available for overnight travel.
How to Apply
To apply e-mail resume including salary requirements in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: July 17, 2017
Aprilaire, a Division of Research Products Corporation, Madison, WI
As the number one manufacturer of indoor air quality products, we know that smart, accomplished people are the reason for our success. To create the best, we need to be the best and that’s why Research Products/Aprilaire has been designated by InBusiness magazine as one of Madison’s Best Companies to Work For and why we are a Worksite Superstar Award Winner and a Bicycle Friendly Business. We are a very successful, proactive, growth company! We are seeking an experienced Safety Manager who is motivated to join a winning team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Safety Manager will promote a culture of ownership, excellence and a passion for safety throughout the organization. This position is responsible for creating strategies, developing, implementing and managing the Safety programs in all manufacturing facilities and providing a safe work environment for all employees.
• Plan, implement and coordinate safety programs to minimize occupational injuries, illnesses and financial liability. Identify and evaluate potential hazardous conditions and recommend changes to eliminate the problem or situation.
• Develop accident prevention and loss control programs. Coordinate with safety teams to analyze and implement changes designed to correct or reduce hazardous conditions.
• Maintain positive relationships with outside agencies, such as OSHA, insurance companies, fire departments and rescue teams to ensure information exchange and mutual assistance.
• Conduct safety inspections and ensure implementation of corrective actions, and the completion of finishing report.
• Oversee and coordinate safety training programs, such as first aid, CPR, hearing conservation, forklift training, fire safety, etc.
• Ensure the completion and maintenance of all necessary regulatory paperwork, records, files, documentation, etc.
• Coordinate with workers compensation insurance carrier to discuss accidents and injuries, tour facilities, and set up recommended safety programs.
• Develop, organize and update programs required by OSHA and remain current in changes in the industry.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Management, Systems Safety or related field
• Prefer 10 years’ experience with Safety in a manufacturing environment or in the heavy equipment industry
• Experience in designing and implementing manufacturing safety systems
• Ability to drive continuous improvement in the safety system design and performance
• Strong knowledge of OSHA rules, regulations and industrial safety practices
• Knowledge and experience with worker’s compensation rules and regulations
• Thorough familiarity with accident investigation techniques and incident and injury management
• Ability to lead effectively through others
• Ability to manage multiple activities and changing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to constructively challenge, persuade and to collaborate with all levels of employees and management
• Excellent written, verbal communication skills including presentation skills
How to Apply
Apply online with your resume at www.aprilaire.com/jobs
TO POST AN OPENING
Please email job overview, in word format, to Barb Deans. Your posting will remain on our site for 6-8 weeks, unless a specific deadline is included. If you have questions, please contact the Wisconsin Safety Council at 608.661.6940. This service is free.
Please include the following:
- Job Title
- How to Apply
Join our LinkedIn Group and post your position there as well!