Member Job Openings
To Submit a Job Opening – See the bottom of this page
Posted: March 14, 2018
Safety & Occupational Health Specilist
Lavelle Industries, Burlington, WI
Lavelle Industries, Inc., a leading rubber and plastics manufacturer for the plumbing industry, located in Burlington, WI, is actively recruiting for a Safety & Occupational Health Specialist. This is a key and highly visible role that will support the Operations team in the administration of safety policies and continuous improvement to reduce risks to the safety of our employees.
This role will report directly to the Burlington Plant Manager and will work closely with the Operations Management team pioneering safety education, policy administration and providing leadership in safety-focused improvement projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Tracking and ensuring compliance for all local and state environmental reporting
• Tactical ownership for establishing and executing the annual Safety plan
• Leadership of several continuous improvement project team
• Remain current with changes in state and local requirements
• Review industrial accident reports and work with Supervisors to complete corrective actions and ensure effectiveness
• Advise our Engineering team of ergonomic standards for new equipment purchases or work cell design
• Establish standards and timing for periodic safety testing and training
• Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety preferred or equivalent experience
• 2 – 5 years manufacturing experience required
• Knowledge and understanding of State of Wisconsin environmental reporting requirements
• Experience creating and presenting safety training
• Proficient in MS Office Applications
How to Apply
Please email your resume to: email@example.com
Posted: March 12, 2018
Safety and Training Manager
Spring Foods, Inc., Eau Claire, WI
Silver Spring Foods is the world’s largest grower and processor of horseradish. We’ve been adding “zing” to food for over 85 years. We take pride in the products we make and believe in the enrichment of people’s lives. We provide farm-to-table mustards, sauces, and horseradish products. Our state of the art manufacturing facility, private label experience, and production versatility position Silver Spring as a premier co-packer.
The Safety and Training Manager will develop, implement and monitor programs and procedures to ensure overall plant and company safety, ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations. Creates and promotes a Companywide safety culture. Also responsible for delivering training to new and existing employees in assigned areas in a timely and efficient manner. Administers Document Control Process and ensures proper management of all policies and procedures and associated monitoring and trainings.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Plans, implements and coordinates programs to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries
• Demonstrates a high visibility and positive attitude in order to establish an effective and responsible safety culture.
• Compiles, analyzes, interprets and reports statistical data related to safety and health issues
• Administers company safety programs
• Develops policies and programs to ensure regulatory compliance with all federal, state and local laws and guidelines, including OSHA and EPA
• Conducts incident and near miss investigations and evaluates information to identify significant hazards and loss trends. Identifies and recommends preventive measures and corrective actions.
• Manages workers compensation claims process
• Performs regular on-site reviews of operations and facilities to include: physical inspections of grounds, buildings, equipment and operations (including farming operations); identifies hazards and incidents of regulatory non-compliance, and recommends corrective measures
• Develops appropriate courses and leads all safety training initiatives for all departments and all levels of employees
• Ensures all personnel training and corrective action follow up is completed
• Oversees employee Return-to-Work program
• Monitors information on regulations and requirements related to hazardous materials and agents.
• Investigates and evaluates new safety equipment for appropriateness
• Conduct regular plant safety audits
• Assists in the development and maintenance of Company training curriculum
• Trains personnel and/or maintains all training records on critical food safety and quality requirements
• Works with all departments to establish and maintain the Company’s Documentation Program.
• Maintains a comprehensive, organized filing system and computer dataset for all documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Health and Environmental Sciences, Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene, Risk Management, Human Resources, Training or closely related area
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Safety Management and/or Training role in a manufacturing environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of safety program management and statistical reporting
- Comprehensive knowledge of safety and regulatory standards (OSHA, EPA, NFPA, DOT, FMCSA, FTA, WC)
- Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office packages
- Full understanding of manufacturing processes
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation preferred or other certification in safety or health
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within document control management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required, with the demonstrated ability to work with teams and provide training, both individually and conduct large group presentations
How to Apply
Interested individuals can apply online at www.silverspringfoods.com or contact Denise Escher at 715-830-9672.
Posted: February 28, 2018
Kestrel Management, Madison, WI
Kestrel Management is seeking an experienced professional with a strong safety compliance background to join our team. The ideal candidate will possess a deep knowledge of industrial safety procedures and how safety relates to process improvement to help our clients proactively manage their operational safety-related risks. The Safety Consultant will possess a strong understanding of OSHA requirements, as well as experience assessing, developing, and implementing OSHA safety programs in an industrial setting.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Perform safety compliance program assessment, development and standardization
• Conduct assessments, training, and coaching for safety performance improvement projects
• Perform safety compliance assessments and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
• Conduct incident investigation and root cause analysis
• Work with a team to assess, design, implement and audit safety management systems and programs
• Design safety performance metrics to drive continual improvement
• Apply quality and process improvement methods and tools
• Support other Kestrel professionals to effectively manage and deliver projects
• Effectively steward and build client relationships leading to repeat business
• Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety preferred
• 3-5 years relevant experience working in safety for industry/manufacturing (chemical industry experience a plus)
• Strong knowledge of OSHA safety standards and programs
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, writing, and a variety of computer skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Planning and organizational abilities
• Willingness and ability to learn and use technology – hardware and software – to meet client’s needs
• Willingness to travel, both within the U.S. and to international locations; must have or be able to obtain a valid passport after employment begins
How to Apply
Please forward a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: January 4, 2018
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist with the development, implementation and sustainability of effective safety systems, processes and programs designed to minimize risk, maintain regulatory compliance, and reduce losses.
• Provide leadership and direction to research lab and headquarters associates to ensure continuity of established practices.
• Coordinate the Appleton campus safety efforts and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures.
• Support the company safety management system and data management systems.
• Drive employee participation and involvement in safety programs.
• Investigate and evaluate safety risks and report data trends to develop risk elimination/reduction efforts and strategies.
• Act as the Chemical Hygiene Officer responsible for monitoring and improving the chemical hygiene plan.
• Assist with the development of leading safety performance indicators and perform data analyses and reporting.
• Provide support to the incident evaluation process and perform causation trending analyses.
• Develop, implement and evaluate the effectiveness of company safety policies, procedures, and processes.
• Measure, audit, and evaluate the effectiveness of the company/site safety system.
• Actively monitor and interact with employees to promote safe performance outcomes.
• Oversee the coordination and performance of industrial hygiene functions.
• Assist with the administration of employee safety and health training and education (develop lesson plans, conduct training, and coordinate annual training schedules)
• Provide improvement recommendations for safety, health and security processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment to effectively minimize risks.
• Assist in the administration of OSHA regulations and applicable national consensus standards, including regulatory interpretation, and implementation of regulations and standards. Ensures timely and accurate reporting and recordkeeping.
• Provide safety and health support to high performance work teams.
• Support site security processes.
• Develop and publish safety and health communications.
• Provide support to the onsite Emergency Response Teams.
• Keep current with applicable safety regulations and best practices in safety and health management.
• Practice daily continuous improvement in all aspects of work, emphasizing problem solving and sharing with others.
• BS in Environmental, Health, and Safety or related field.
• Demonstrated ability to build teams and work in a team environment
• Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating safety and health processes and programs.
• Self directed with strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize as needed.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to interact with all levels of management and hourly personnel.
• Proven leadership skills with the ability to achieve results.
• Proficient in the use of computer software (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Practical experience with the use of safety data management systems preferred.
How to Apply
Interested individuals can apply online at www.appvion.com or contact Heather Birr at 920.991.7648
TO POST AN OPENING
Please email job overview, in word format, to Barb Deans. Your posting will remain on our site for 6-8 weeks, unless a specific deadline is included. If you have questions, please contact the Wisconsin Safety Council at 608.661.6914. This service is free.
Please include the following:
- Job Title
- How to Apply
Join our LinkedIn Group and post your position there as well!