Member Job Openings
To Submit a Job Opening – See the bottom of this page
Posted: September 18, 2018
Safety & Loss Control Analyst
Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin & Metro Chicago
Duties & Responsibilities
- Safety and Loss Control Analyst provides safety, risk analysis, claim management, site visits and training to sites located in assigned territory.
- Identify key risk areas and collaborate with site management on strategies to mitigate risk, injuries, and hazards to Goodwill property.
- Ensures all federal and state regulations are being met. Responsibilities also include developing, coordinating, and delivering training on safety/risk related topics identified within Risk Management Information Systems.
- Responsible for developing and facilitating Safety Committees at JOW/GSC facilities (per territory assignment) and providing consultation services to internal business partners within these assigned regions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety, or equivalent experience in a related field.
2. A minimum of five years of the following experience: safety, risk, health, human resources, insurance, etc.
3. Experience in a diverse medium to large company a plus and/or work in a multi-facility capacity is preferred
4. Excellent communication skills, building effective relationships with divisional and department partners.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of laws and regulations that pertain to employee health and safety, OSHA, workers compensation, general liability, and insurance regulations.
6. Demonstrated ability to work independently and lead projects that include managing a project from start to finish: planning and identifying key activities, follow through, change management, project piloting and implementation.
7. Basic Microsoft Office experience required (Excel, Outlook, Skype for Business, PowerPoint, Word) (advanced skills preferred).
8. Safety certification a plus
How to Apply
Please apply online
Posted: August 18, 2018
Risk Prevention Specialist
Crystal Finishing Systems, Inc., Schofield, WI
Crystal Finishing is a premier provider of aluminum extrusions, fabrication, coating, and assembly services. Our 800+ team members are focused on safely delighting our customers with our “Do Whatever It Takes” attitude. A new role of Risk Prevention Specialist as part of our Safety Management Team is needed to continue providing superior safety service to our growing organization.
This role’s responsibility is improving our safety culture through incident report analysis, promptly responding, processing and managing claims, and facilitating our return to work program as a member of the Safety Team.
Duties & Responsibilities
• As the employee advocate, strives to continuously improve working conditions and ensure compliance with applicable state and federal health and safety regulations.
• Evaluates incident reports for thoroughness, obtaining all necessary information including medical reports, witness statements, and other documentation.
• Processes of workers’ compensation claims, manage claims, facilitates the return to work program.
• Analyzes incident information to identify patterns/trends and to advise the organization as to improved process and techniques that will assist in the reduction of workplace hazards.
• Ensures Crystal Finishing is compliant with state-specific Workers’ Compensation regulations.
• Enters all incident first aid, incident, and near-miss information into a database for tracking and analysis.
• Contacts other departments or supervisors to request any information necessary for submission of workers compensation claims.
• Serves as the primary contact for workers compensation claims with our insurance company, medical providers, and employees.
• Maintains positive working relationship with providers, management, and team members to promote open communication and accurate flow of information.
• Facilitates returning to work with employees and supervisors/managers and coordinates any light duty and return to work within an assigned department or by partnering with other departments.
• Follows up with the employee after initial and subsequent treatment visits, and validates appointments and missed work due to work-related incidents and assists in scheduling post incident treatment.
• Monitors reports, corrective actions or recommended improvements with management and team members to ensure timely elimination of hazards.
• Assists Safety Manager in the investigation of all serious incidents/events or reporting to regulatory agencies.
• Maintains OSHA Log timely, including current information as well as annual postings and submission to OSHA electronically.
• Assist in maintaining compliance with all state and federal laws and internal company policy and procedures.
• Presents recommendations for updates to various safety forms, documents, policies, and procedures as appropriate.
• Presents a professional image of Crystal Finishing Systems, Inc.
• Maintains confidentiality of business and employee information.
• Knowledge of general safety practices and ability to determine local, state, and federal regulations.
• Working knowledge of Workers Compensation Act and other applicable state/federal statutes and regulations.
• 3-5 years of experience in workers compensation role preferred.
• Working knowledge of medical terminology, body systems, and impairments and their effects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Risk Management or Safety related field preferred.
• Experience in safety related field or general assistance facilitating safety practices.
• Competent in the use of computer software (Windows and Microsoft office).
• Ability to work independently and be self-directed.
• Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
How to apply
Visit our website http://www.crystalfinishing.com/careers.cfm and click “Apply Now”
Posted:August 14, 2018
Tyson Foods, New London
Summary: This position is responsible for monitoring the sites safety programs. This individual will also maintain records and reports of the plants workplace activities to ensure that workers comply with the company policy and Safety Management System, including accidents, preventive measures and violations. This position will develop and administer a proactive prevention program for accidents and illnesses. Prepare and review technical reports and forms. The Safety Supervisor will have responsibilities pertaining to, safety inspections, safety training and compliance with the federal Occupational Safety & Health Administration. This position will also provide accurate safety statistical information and analysis to the plant Leadership team as well as communicate results to the sites workforce. This position will provide an opportunity to become a subject matter expert to ensure compliance with Tyson Foods Safety elements. This position reports to the Safety Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducting and/or facilitating training in areas such as ergonomics, emergency response, lockout/tagout, hazard communications, etc. Identify potential hazards and propose safe work practices to leadership teams.
- Provide expertise on hazard identification and risk mitigation processes. Provide advice and counsel concerning all city, state, and federal compliance regulations.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace.
- Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices.
- Coordinate the implementation of controls from results of hazard analysis.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommend changes for hazardous conditions.
- Conduct specialized safety training programs to communicate hazard control information.
- Assist in new employee safety and environmental orientation.
- Associates Degree in safety or related engineering discipline required.
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- 2-3 years Safety experience required.
- Familiarity of state or local environmental laws to ensure reporting and response to local agencies are met and business interest are protected.
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook proficiency
- Strong problem solving skills, data driven with and affinity for data management
- Monitor leading and lagging indicators to detect performance trends
- Effective verbal & writing skills to present ideas and concepts to diverse audiences from front-line to plant leadership level.
- Must have an ability to work all shifts when event warrant.
How to Apply
Send resume to: Jessica.Haase@tyson.com
TO POST AN OPENING
Please email job overview, in word format, to Barb Deans. Your posting will remain on our site for 6-8 weeks, unless a specific deadline is included. If you have questions, please contact the Wisconsin Safety Council at 608.661.6914. This service is free.
Please include the following:
- Job Title
- How to Apply
Join our LinkedIn Group and post your position there as well!