Member Job Openings
To Submit a Job Opening – See the bottom of this page
Posted: December 13, 2018
Environmental Health and Safety Administrator
HellermannTyton – Milwaukee WI
Do you want to join a fun and growing team? Do you have the desire for a people oriented, fast-paced career? Then our EHS department would like to hear from you. You will need to apply your skills, ingenuity and resources for ensuring our employees are safe on and off the job. The ideal candidate will be bright, motivated and possess a strong work ethic, attention to detail, ability to meet ever-changing deadlines and a commitment to the environment and employee health and safety. This position, reporting to the EHS Manager, plans, directs and implements environmental and safety activities to promote the health and safety of all associates at our three Milwaukee locations and warehouse in Illinois. You will drive continuous improvement in ISO14001 certification and workplace safety through program development, implementation and training.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Working knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations along with 2 or more years experience in a manufacturing setting strongly preferred.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft applications, ability to maintain confidentiality and a strong attention to detail.
· Be a self-starter, organized and friendly.
· Work as a team
· Action oriented
· Happiness in serving fellow employees
~Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred (or equivalent level experience)
~ ISO14001 (environmental management system certification) experience preferred.
~ Working knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations preferred.
~ Strong verbal and written communication skills
~ Ability to prioritize and self-manage workload
~ Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
~ Ability to work non-standard hours as needed to meet the needs of our internal customers
~ Attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality
~ Must have a valid driver’s license, with an acceptable driving record, along with adequate insurance
Posted: December 4, 2018
Safety Training Instructor
Fox Valley Technical College, Appleton, WI
This individual will work with representatives from business, service, industry, education, and government to provide training and technical assistance in a cost-recovery basis. Flexibility in the work schedule is essential.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Business/Industry/Community Instruction. Develop and deliver customized training for various clients and maintain involvement with business/industry/community. Seek and prepare revenue producing contracts. Produce revenue for 100% cost recovery of position and course expenditures.
2. Facilitation of Learning. Plan, prepare and deliver instruction and facilitate the learning of students in the Emergency Response – Business and Industry field. Assess the learning outcomes of students at the unit, course, and program level.
3. Curriculum Development. Develop, revise, and continually update curriculum and instructional materials which are competency-based, current, consistent with employer expectations, and aligned with the college policy on level of required documentation.
4. Classroom Management. Fulfill assigned schedule, maintain accurate student attendance and grade records, maintain instructional environment with emphasis on safety, housekeeping, and equipment security, and ensure opportunities for student/participant evaluation.
5. Interpersonal/Team Skills. Participate in activities of the instructional team, including planning, development, scheduling, and budgeting as a cooperative and professional team player.
6. Student Support and Guidance. Advise and support students as a mentor and role model in the achievement of their learning and career goals.
7. Professional Development. Participate in professional development activities that provide for continually updated knowledge and skills for the role of the contemporary instructor as directed by one’s Individual Professional Development Plan.
1. Bachelor Degree in Safety, or in related and appropriate field; Master’s Degree preferred. (Based on experience and expertise, an individual with an Associate Degree or equivalent and willingness to obtain a Bachelor’s Degree within specific timeframe may be considered), and
2. Minimum of two years of occupational experience in the field of the program or programs being taught, of which at least one year shall be within the last five years; Five years of occupational experience preferred. (One year of related occupational experience may be waived with at least two
years of post−secondary teaching experience in the appropriate occupational field within the last five years), or
3. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable knowledge may be acquired.
4. Successful completion of OSHA Voluntary Compliance 500 & 501 courses.
5. Teaching or training experience is desirable.
6. Ability to plan, organize, instruct, and facilitate quality education programs, including development of relevant curriculum.
7. Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License.
8. Upon hire, must maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements and licensure required by other agencies to maintain individual and program accreditation, if applicable.
How to Apply
Please apply online
Posted: November 14, 2018
AriensCo, Brillion, WI
At AriensCo, we build more than exceptional products – we create opportunities that impact careers. Our culture values innovative thinking, hard work and determination. We interact in teams, collaborate together and make decisions quickly. We see growth potential in every team member, and are committed to supporting our employees with continuous training and advancement opportunities.
Our environment? We’re corporate, without being “corporate.” Whether you work at our headquarters, manufacturing facilities, or one of our global distribution businesses, you’ll always have the freedom to create and contribute. Our company vision is “Passionate People, Astounded Customers.” Quite simply: it revolves around people. Without exceptional people, we can’t continue to produce the amazing products we’re known for around the world. AriensCo is seeking a motivated and passionate Safety Manager to plan, direct, and implement organization safety program to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Investigate industrial accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures
• Report or review findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections, or environmental testing
• Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
• Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance
• Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment
• Review employee safety programs to determine their adequacy
• Oversees and coordinates ergonomics program and efforts to reduce all forms of muscular-skeletal diseases
• Interview employers and employees to obtain information about work environments and workplace incidents
• Review plans and specifications for construction of new machinery or equipment to determine whether all safety requirements have been met
• Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees´ exposure to chemical and physical work hazards
• Conduct or direct testing of air quality, noise, or temperature levels to verify compliance with health and safety regulations
• Write and revise safety regulations and codes
• Plan and conduct industrial hygiene research
• Routinely conducts “Safety Kaizen Events” to ensure continuous improvement of safety practices
• Oversees the administration of workers’ compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time
• Coordinates security systems and procedures to enhance overall employee safety and security, including access control, CCTV, emergency procedures, etc.
• Coordinates all aspects of environmental programming including reporting, analysis, toxic/hazardous materials control and management, MSDS recordkeeping, and other environmental management actions as appropriate
• Represents the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Occupational Safety and Health or Safety Management required
• Minimum of four years Safety related experience and/or specialized training
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment is required
How to Apply
Visit our website to apply.
Posted: October 22, 2018
Director, Safety and Security
Dairyland Power Cooperative, La Crosse WI
How to apply
Complete our online application
You can download a PDF of our Application Forms for Employment. To do this requires a PDF viewer and additional download time. You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader here. Please print, fill out for a specific opening and then mail in to:
Dairyland Power Cooperative
P.O. Box 817
La Crosse, WI 54602-0817
Posted: October 11, 2018
Project Safety Lead – Green Bay Mill Division
Green Bay Packaging, Green Bay WI
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is a privately owned, diversified packaging and paper manufacturer. Founded in 1933, this Green Bay, WI based paper company has over 3,600 employees and 37 manufacturing locations located in 15 states. Green Bay Packaging Inc. is dedicated to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on quality, sustainability and continuous improvement.
The Green Bay Packaging — Green Bay Mill Division is a 100% post-consumer recycled linerboard and medium paper mill with a closed-process-water loop. Mill operations include a biomass/solid fuel and a natural gas boiler, supporting the paper machine. As a major PSD and Title V air permit source, the mill’s innovative technologies within the recycling process water system, paper machine and energy support operations dedicated to producing the highest quality paperboard.
We are seeking a Safety Lead to provide safety and occupational health leadership to all areas involved in constructing the new paper mill. From a strategic business perspective this position must focus on a steadfast commitment to planning, implementing, coordinating and reviewing all safety and occupational health components for all personnel, materials, equipment and environments of employees and contractors to ensure safety regulation and compliance.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Work closely with the project leaders to execute objectives consistent with GBMD’s vision and strategy
• Inspect projects and project sites before work begins to determine safety related risks
• Visit active project sites to assess ongoing work conditions to ensure compliance
• Work with project management teams and field workers to develop and implement solutions to safety related issues on project sites, improvement opportunities, and new prevention measures
• Maintain safety related paperwork including OSHA 300 logs
• Train and coach employees and contractors on safe work practices
• Correct employees and contractors who fail to comply with safety standards
• Provide leadership to maintain and improve safe working conditions and maintain good housekeeping practices
• Effectively develop and manage inspections of facilities, machinery and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards and to ensure safety regulation compliance
• Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and implement solutions to reduce or eliminate hazards
• Audit all permit types for compliance
• Assist in developing safety procedures and LOTO for new paper mill
• Report on safety awareness, issues, and statistics
• Undergraduate degree in safety or related discipline
• ASP or CSP certification is preferred
• OSHA 30 certification required
• Extensive experience as safety manager in an industrial setting particularly as it relates to site construction
• Deep understanding of legal health and safety laws and documentation at all levels
• The ability to effectively work with various contractor and operating groups assuring safety compliance and accountability through auditing, process evaluations, implementation of new requirements, and review of policies
• Superior verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels within the organization.
• Some local, regional, and possible international travel may be required.
How to Apply
If you are interested in pursuing this excellent career opportunity, please email your resume to: email@example.com.
Please type “Safety Lead _ Your Name” in the subject line.
TO POST AN OPENING
Please email job overview, in word format, to Barb Deans. Your posting will remain on our site for 6-8 weeks, unless a specific deadline is included. If you have questions, please contact the Wisconsin Safety Council at 608.661.6914. This service is free.
Please include the following:
- Job Title
- How to Apply
Join our LinkedIn Group and post your position there as well!