Member Job Openings
To Submit a Job Opening – See the bottom of this page
Posted: February 4, 2016
Sr. Safety & Security Manager
Sargento Food, Plymouth, WI
Plans, manages, and implements corporate safety and security program for all office, manufacturing, and logistic areas to ensure a safe, secure, healthy, and accident-free work environment by performing the following duties personally or through collaboration with other responsible partners.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop accident-prevention and loss-control systems and programs for incorporation into operational policies and procedures. Ensure all written safety and security policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Plan and implement programs at all plants on all shifts to train managers, employees and outside contractors in work site safety and security practices such as fire prevention, correct handling of chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials, ergonomic issues, emergency response planning and training, and all other safety and security issues required by OSHA or typically found in a manufacturing environment. Coordinate outside vendors and/or insurance carriers to provide required monitoring and training, as necessary.
- Assist Engineering and Manufacturing with Process Safety Management (PSM) training at all facilities, where required.
- Manage the corporate wide accident and incident investigation process and prepare studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies, including oversight for the required OSHA 300 logs.
- Serve as a resource for all plant safety committees, and management to advise them on compliance needs, accident/injury trends, and build common approaches to safety and security solutions for all plants.
- Lead corporate Safety Steering Committee.
- Oversees inspection of organization facilities to detect existing or potential security, accident and health hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Develop annual safety and security budget and monitor expenditures against budget, including analysis of variances and initiation of corrective actions, as necessary.
- Develop and implement short and long-term plan, policies, programs and objectives related to corporate safety and security programs.
- Coach management in effective ways to enforce safety and security policies and motivate employees and contractors to behave in a safe and secure manner.
- Lead the investigation of accidents, incidents and injuries and cooperate in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Assist in customer social compliance and regulatory compliance audits, regarding corporate safety and security programs.
- Represent the organization in community or industry safety and/or security groups and programs.
- Keep up to date on best practices, trends, and issues in safety and security protocols and regulatory compliance and recommend changes and improvements to corporate practices.
- Oversee the maintenance of safety and security files and records, and data bases.
- Promote a safe and secure environment by coordinating and cooperating with Local, State, and Regional safety and security groups and agencies.
- Maintain complete and steadfast confidentiality in all matters regarding compensation, legal and other appropriate human resource issues.
- This position will require travel between all of the Sargento locations and some overnight travel may be required.
- While this position is primarily a first shift position, incumbent must be willing to work on all shifts as needed.
- This job has three direct reports, two salaried and one non-exempt administrative.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, plus a minimum of three to five years in a safety and security management position within a manufacturing environment required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, customers, regulatory authorities and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Proficient in the use of Windows, Outlook, Power Point, Internet, and Excel required. Knowledge of SAP, Documentum, Safety incident tracking systems, a plus. Familiarity with most types of office equipment. Must be an effective communicator, demonstrated ability to work in teams and proven skills in the facilitation of conflict resolution.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) – preferred, but not required. Encouraged during tenure in job.
Member of Safety Professional Organization – preferred but required upon acceptance of job. Valid drivers license required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply
Apply online on their website: www.careers.sargento.com
Posted: February 3, 2016
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist
AW2 Logistics, Milwaukee, WI
AW2 Logistics, an industry leading company with core competencies include warehousing, distribution, packaging/crating, transportation, inventory management, light assembly, facility rollout/remodel, product return/disposal and other supply chain solutions, is currently searching for an EHS Specialist to join our team!
This is a critical role that will serve as the safety champion at all AW2 locations (Greater Milwaukee area) and be responsible for the development and implementation of safety and environmental programs supporting the warehouse environment. Developing, coordinating and directing company-wide safety and OSHA compliance programs, including safety training, incident investigation/follow-up, incident prevention programs, safety awareness programs, worker’s compensation claims management, and minimizing property loss exposure.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as designated safety representative for all 5 AW2 Southeastern Wisconsin locations
- Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks and improvement opportunities by conducting daily, weekly and monthly safety audits
- Conduct risk assessments on current practices, machinery and tools and analyze accident data to identify potential safety concerns. Make recommendation for, and/or take any necessary actions to reduce the risk exposure
- Facilitate incident investigation proces
- Perform Safety Observations & Audits
- Conduct all site specific specialty equipment training for new employees and retraining or re-certifications for current employees. Maintain all site specific training files
- Lead the safety committee at each location. Hold regular meetings and safety huddles
- Influence behavior and inspire commitment on the part of all employees safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment
- Regular travel between the 5 Greater Milwaukee area locations is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health
- 5 years of hands-on safety experience in a warehouse/distribution environment; equivalent experience considered in lieu of a degree.
- A strong working knowledge of OSHA and related regulations.
- Experience in Worker’s Compensation case management.
- A professional and positive attitude, exceptional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment. Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) strongly desired.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please list job title in subject of email.
Posted: January 25, 2016
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
ATI Forged Products – Irvine, CA
ATI Forged Products produces and markets a wide range of specialty metal alloys, including titanium, nickel, and steel forgings to end use markets such as aerospace, energy, oil & gas, and general industrial markets. We have several operating facilities and deliver products to customers globally.
The EHS Specialist’s primary purpose is to develop, supervise and administer the organization’s facility wide environmental, safety and maintenance programs in compliance with ATI, OSHA and EHS regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote and ensure the health and safety of employees through responsive and proactive safety programs, protecting employees from incidents and environmental hazards and ensuring compliance with regulations. Establishes target areas and long-range accident prevention and cost control objectives.
- Act as consultant to management in health, ergonomic and safety related issues. Determine if deficiencies exist. Develop, recommend and implement appropriate and responsive corrective protocols, procedures and measures.
- Lead the EHS committees and coordinate the activities of the committee members.
- Lead the investigation of incidents to determine cause and preventative measures. Prepare necessary reports and documentation.
- Inspect work areas and machinery for compliance with OSHA and all compliance regulations.
- Develop, conduct and maintain EHS orientation programs. Train staff in EHS awareness and compliance requirements.
- Schedule all EHS and compliance training activities for the facility. Conduct training as required.
- Maintain all EHS and compliance records for employees within the facility.
- Ensures the availability, reliability, and readiness of safety and fire prevention equipment; protective clothing (PPE) and devices; and first aid supplies.
- Keeps apprised of developments in federal and state EHS regulations likely to affect the company. Identifies those developments that may have application to the company’s operations and work environment.
- Directly implement corrective actions and improvements in the manufacturing areas throughout the plant.
How to Apply
Visit their website to apply online.
Posted: January 20, 2016
Safety, Health and Environmental Specialist
Phillips Automotive, Medford
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees the safety function for the facility with facility management and other resources to ensure local program ownership and accountability
- Complete environmental permits, reports, forms and surveys at the facility level as required by regulation and/or Phillips policy and procedures
- Lead the development of safety, health and environmental programs, policies, procedures
- Work closely in a team environment with corporate director to achieve overall environmental, safety operational and business objectives
- Develop and administrate policies and programs to ensure the facility is in compliance with OSHA and other safety and health requirements
- Serve as the sites’ primary interface with government agencies for the purpose of understanding the regulations and to ensure compliance
- Assures coordinated case management for all work related injuries/illnesses through the implementation of Return-to-Work Program and communicate results to plant leadership
- Assist Occupational Nurse with coordinating activities with insurance carriers regarding loss control
- Assists in the progression of facilities toward various benchmarking programs such as the Voluntary Protection Program (VPP), International Standards Organization (ISO 14001, 18001), EPA Energy Star, etc.
- Conduct safety, health & environmental compliance self-audits, support external audits and hold an annual review of the safety, health & environmental management system with the management team
- Perform tasks in accordance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations and company Quality, Safety, Health, Environment and Energy policies and procedures
- Coordinate and facilitate incident investigations
- Minimum five years experience leading people
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Safety, Health or Environmental sciences
- Minimum ten years experience in manufacturing safety environment
- Minimum five years experience in environmental regulations and standards
- CSP certification (CIH, CHMP, ARM and other related certifications preferred)
- Leadership skills including ability to maintain confidentiality
- Decision making and prioritization skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
How to Apply
Please visit website to apply online for this position.
TO POST AN OPENING
Please email job overview, in word format, to Barb Deans. Your posting will remain on our site for 6-8 weeks, unless a specific deadline is included. If you have questions, please contact the Wisconsin Safety Council at 800.236.3400.
Please include the following:
- Job Title
- How to Apply
Feel free to join our LinkedIn Group and post your position there as well!