Member Job Openings
To Submit a Job Opening – See the bottom of this page
Posted: June 16, 2017
Safety Project Manager
Gundersen Health System, La Crosse, WI
Join our dynamic organization where our vision is to enhance the health and well-being of our communities, while enriching every life we touch, including patients, families, and staff. Gundersen Health System is where nationally recognized quality meets dedicated, compassionate professionals, caring for patients in all stages of life.
Gundersen Health System delivers cutting-edge medicine to people in the Tri-State Region. We also believe that medicine is about people and that’s why our outcomes are among the nation’s best; making this a place you’d be proud to work.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Safety Project Manager will be responsible for budgeting, planning, designing and monitoring safety programs for Gundersen Health System. They will be responsible for ensuring Gundersen Health System meets the appropriate regulatory and safety standards. The Safety Project Manager will also be tasked with collaborating with multiple departments along with providing training and education for all levels within the organization.
Candidates with 1 year of experience in a health care industry and experience in construction and design management a plus!
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety or Engineering or Chemistry or Environmental Sciences or a related field
- Required: 3-4 years of related experience in interpretation and application of safety codes and regulations
- Required: Valid Driver’s License (DL)
- Desired: Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Certification in Project Management Six Sigma Certification
How to Apply
Interested individuals should visit our website and fill out an online application
Posted: June 12, 2017
Masonite Marshfield, WI
Our vision is to be the best provider of building products in the eyes of our customers, employees, shareholders, suppliers and communities. At Masonite, we understand that people are key. We are a composite of diverse people who come together by showing support and respect to one another. We hire people that demonstrate integrity under pressure. Integrity is at the foundation of everything we do. It is in each door we make, in our commitment delivery and in our honest and sincere communication. Our employees are flexible, versatile and resilient. Our ability to weather any storm, to bend without breaking, is what allows us to hear the knock and open the door with confidence, no matter what’s on the other side. At Masonite, we hold the door open for each other and for new ideas. We want everyone to freely contribute ideas and add value, so we are positive and encouraging. This collaborative environment is what makes Masonite a transparent, fair company- one that doesn’t hide behind closed doors. We continuously strive to improve both our products and our customers’ experiences. This drive leads us to revolutionize the door industry and help people walk through walls.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Safety Manager will partner with the plant leadership team in order to reach the organization’s most important goal of keeping employees safe. The Safety Manager will also be responsible for guiding the team to ensure compliance with Health and Safety regulatory requirements and Masonite corporate EHS policies and guidelines.
- The Safety Manager will establish and maintain an effective system of communication within the organization, developing effective working relationships with the safety committee, department managers, plant manager, and employees.
- This position has a direct reporting relationship to the Plant Manager, with a dotted line to Corporate EH&S. The Safety Manager must develop a strong cooperative relationship with the Plant leadership team.
- Execute Masonite’s safety programs
- Identify, scope, and facilitate execution of safety improvement projects
- Schedule and implement safety training for all employees
- Focus on injury and worker’s compensation cost reduction
- Design and direct a program to achieve world-class safety performance
- Ensure compliance with governmental and company Environmental, Health and safety regulations and policies
- Evaluate, assess and alter safety procedures and policies for the benefit of employees
- Lead injury and incident investigations and root cause analysis
- BS/BA in a related field – Safety Engineering, Occupational Safety/Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Health, Engineering, Management
- Five years related experience in a manufacturing environment, or proven experience deemed to be equivalent.
- Must possess strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and delegate
- Must possess effective written & verbal communication skills
- Must possess strong working knowledge of Microsoft software
- Working knowledge of worker compensation, Federal, State & Local Environmental Regulations, OSHA, NFPA, NEC, ACGIH
- Experience with Lean Operating Systems
- Experience influencing, training, and leading teams
Posted: May 24, 2017
Corporate Occupational Health & Safety Manager
J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc, Neenah, WI
This position is responsible for leading the Safety & Environmental function within Human Resource Services to consistently align with and support business results and ensure that internal/external customer/client service expectations are fulfilled. The position shares ownership with all the associates to ensure a safe and secure environment is in place and the appropriate security, safety and environmental concerns are being addressed at our corporate campus and local remote offices.
The position is also responsible for developing and implementing safety programs, administering the corporate ISO Environmental program and ensuring the corporate campus and off-site facilities are properly secured. Strong communication and collaboration with all associates and leaders within the Company to ensure the environmental and safety needs are met.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Delivers results in line with the following key metrics/accountabilities
– Budget control
– Incident rate
– Worker’s compensation dollars per hours worked
– Incident reports vs. recordable injuries
– Lost days
– Restricted days
– Safety observation rate
• Leads the IS0 45001 program to ensure best in class occupational health and safety management system requirements are established, implemented, and maintained in accordance with the ISO 45001 standard. Responsible for creating and maintaining documentation and leading the audit function for ISO 45001.
• Develops implements and monitors safety and environmental plans, including development of written programs; training; business reporting; recordkeeping; assessments; and regulatory tracking and knowledge.
• Ensures compliance with environmental, safety and security codes and acts as the liaison with law enforcement agencies and public health officials.
• Leads the corporate safety committee and actively participates in departmental committees for manufacturing and distribution safety teams.
• Leads the Emergency Response Team (ERT) by conducting emergency response training to ensure emergency preparedness.
• Identifies company exposures and needs; then develops, implements and maintains environmental, safety and security programs and corporate policies as a means of reducing company risks and losses.
• Leads the IS0 14001 program to ensure environmental management system requirements are established, implemented, and maintained in accordance with the ISO 14001 standard. Responsible for creating and maintaining documentation and leading the audit function.
• Oversees and provides direction to the corporate safety and workers’ compensation program. Interfaces with insurance contacts on situations that may impact risk and ensures corrective action is taken.
• Maintains on-going communication and positive working relationships with associates, customers (internal and external) and vendors (internal and external).
• Enforces and supports all company policies and procedures. Fully supports the company’s commitment to safety and the environment and strives to maintain a clean, healthy and safe workplace.
• Manages expenses in line with departmental budgets and corporate business conditions.
• Carries out responsibilities in a fair, ethical and non-discriminatory manner and ensures staff follows guidelines.
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Occupational Health & Safety field.
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) desirable.
• 5+ years of work experience in a progressive corporate safety role.
• Facilitation of Safety, Environmental and Security Programs.
• Strong working knowledge of OSHA and EPA Regulations.
• Knowledge of an Environmental Management System requirements.
• Knowledge of Workers’ Compensation.
• Knowledge of Behavioral-Based Safety.
• Ability to influence stakeholders across the organization to positively impact safety focus and energy.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Advanced proficiency in the use of a PC and MS Office Suite.
How to Apply
Apply online today.
Posted: May 24, 2017
Human Resources & Safety Business Partner
Construction Resources Management, Inc/Zenith Tech, Oakdale, MN
The Human Resources and Safety Business Partner will be responsible for the integration, administration, and evaluation of human resource & safety programs for the company’s Minnesota employees. This individual must be both proactive and knowledgeable about the organization and the industry in order to support the needs of the business.
This individual will foster an environment that models the values of the organization, establishes accountability, and empowers all employees. This individual will have a tremendous opportunity to make an impact and see the results of their work. The Human Resources and Safety Business Partner will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in Minnesota. The individual will serve as a consultant to management on Human Resource and Safety related issues.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of federal & state legal regulations related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Maintains safety compliance within OSHA and Company standards. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
• Conduct recruitment & Hiring efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career pathing program.
• Drive recruitment process & hiring process by selecting recruitment method, writing and placing advertisements, coordinating job posting on company and external web sites, reviewing resumes, performing telephone interviews, reference checks & pre-employment screening (written testing, interviews, medical, drug, etc.)
• Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing.
• Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations including near miss investigations as necessary.
• Provides day to day performance management guidance to business unit management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention. Promote the company’s core values, particularly its positive safety culture with all employees.
• Training employees on site specific hazards, fall protection, flagging and conducts tool box talks and training as required
• Conducts safety audits, documents audits and is part of the solution for corrective actions
• Maintains current and accurate SDS file for all materials on site
• Evaluates hazardous conditions and works with supervision to eliminate the hazards
• Must be able to prepare review and update JSA’s as necessary
• Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning.
• Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are met.
• Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
• Provides HR and Safety Policy guidance and interpretation. Consult with field management providing HR and Safety guidance when appropriate.
• Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of Human Resource department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
• Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR and Safety group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
• Oversees special recruiting, training and community outreach events by coordinating committees and schedules, and staying within budget.
• Maintains Safety and Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
• Minimum of 8 – 10 years in Human Resources and / or Safety field, preferably in heavy/highway construction.
• Valid Driver’s License and considered insurable by insurance
• Extensive knowledge of OSHA regulations and MUTCD
• Bachelor’s degree in Health and Safety or Human Resource Management;
• SHRM / SCP Certified
• OSHA 500 certification. First Aid/CPR certified.
• Demonstrated knowledge of MUTCD, PPE, HAZCOM, Confined Space, and Fall Protection procedures. Proven ability to train large groups of employees. General knowledge of OSHA 1910 & 1926 rules and regulations. Demonstrated knowledge of all other applicable federal, state, and local safety and health regulations
• Employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
• Prior experience with HRIS or SMIS system(s).
• Excellent verbal and written communication, consulting, conflict management, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
• Excellent client management and business literacy skills.
• Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
• Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
• Prior experience managing multiple business units in multiple locations.
• Manage multiple conflicting priorities.
• Be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
• Be self-directed and motivated.
• Take initiative to identify and anticipate organizational needs and make recommendations for implementation.
How to Apply
Contact Ashley Ponschok, 920-996-9700, for more details.
Posted: May 19, 2017
Occupational Safety Consultant
R&R Insurance, Waukesha, WI
Do you love being a safety manager and feel your proven experience could be of value to other companies? If so, take the next step and apply with R&R Insurance; one of the largest family-owned agencies in Southeastern Wisconsin! R&R Insurance is growing and our Professional Services Team is looking to hire YOU!
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities for this salaried, full-time position include performing risk assessments, safety audits. and training sessions for accounts ranging in size from 50 to 1000 employees. You will analyze loss trends and risk exposures to confidently recommend controls and cost containment measures; ensuring incurred claims and lost time are minimized, and, ultimately, offering reduced insurance premiums and safer working conditions for our valued clients. Other duties include:
• Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employee practices and operations
• Prepare and recommend additional safety policies to establish a culture of health and safety
• Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
• Inspect equipment and machinery/client premises to observe possible unsafe conditions
• Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
• Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities, or new prevention measures
• Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
• Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational, Health and Safety or related field
• 10+ years of proven experience as a safety manager, in the construction and/or manufacturing industry
• Extensive experience managing legal health and safety guidelines and developing policies to support a better work environment
• Experience handling loss trends, workers compensation claims, and evaluating safety adherence
• Strong understanding of OSHA compliance and experience conducting reviews
• Ability to confidently conduct safety education classes, employee training, and professional presentations
• Ability to convince leadership to implement new safety procedures, as well as invest in additional education and equipment
• Prior experience with data analysis and risk assessment
• Experience designing crisp, easy to understand reports identifying trends and recommendations for management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Capability to deal with ambiguous situations and creatively resolve challenging cases
• Insurance company underwriting and/or claim experience, a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs
• Available to travel state-wide and occasional work outside of core hours
• Insurance Certifications and Designations a plus!
Posted: May 15, 2017
Lapham-Hickey Steel, Oshkosh, WI
The safety supervisor is responsible for carrying out all safety responsibilities including, training, compliance, toolbox talks, and finding solutions to safety issues. They are also responsible for developing safety and health programs in order to spread safety awareness. The safety supervisor will also ensure Lapham-Hickey Steel and its employees are compliant with Federal and State safety and health regulations. Efficiency and attention to detail are essential for this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Understand general plant safety requirements
• Provide safety and health support to Lapham-Hickey Steel employees
• Coordinates safety training
• Organizes safety committee meetings and performs monthly safety inspections
• Plan and implement safety policies, procedures and programs in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
• Investigate all accidents and incidents to determine how they occurred and how they can be prevented from future occurrences
• Document all accidents and complete required OSHA forms
• Prepare and present toolbox talks that cover hand safety, pedestrian safety, compressed air safety, housekeeping, etc.
• Act as a positive safety influence by raising safety awareness
• Work in partnership with managers, supervisors and employees to communicate concerns, ideas, suggestions, improvements and positive outcomes
• Foster team involvement in safety
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment
• Perform other duties, as assigned
• Strong coaching and leadership skills
• Proven ability to successfully facilitate projects in a team based environment
• Experience in training on general work practices
• Must have basic computer skills and perform basic calculations and mathematical figures
• Must be able to work in a warehouse type environment with frequent dust and loud noises
• Experience in safety related training such as, PIT, GHS, respirator use, hearing protection, LOTO, fall protection, emergency procedures, etc.
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a supervisor
How to Apply
Please email your resume to Angela at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: May 5, 2017
Regional Safety Consultant
WESCO International, Inc., Madison, WI
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded Fortune 500 holding company headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading provider of electrical, industrial, and communications maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) and original equipment manufacturers (OEM) product, construction materials, and advanced supply chain management and logistic services. 2015 annual sales were approximately $7.5 billion. The Company employs approximately 9,300 people, maintains relationships with over 25,000 suppliers, and serves over 80,000 active customers worldwide. Customers include commercial and industrial businesses, contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers and utilities. WESCO operates nine fully automated distribution centers and approximately 500 full-service branches in North America and international markets, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.
A Regional Safety Consultant is responsible for promoting the value proposition, products, and services of Conney Safety. This position is responsible for: Assisting clients face to face, via telephone and email. Providing advice, assistance and training to customers on matters relating to a variety of subjects including safety regulations and best practices. Creating and production of professional safety documents such as risk assessments, method statements, training presentations and safety policies. Responding in a timely manner to incoming tasks (responding to requests for quotes, applications assistance, product selection); outbound activities (following up on quotes, opportunities, and leads and maintaining account relations); providing support to our Outside Sales Managers, Inside Sales and Customer Service Representatives; and is responsible for promoting all aspects of exceptional Customer Service that WESCO Distribution is known for.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Learn and understand Conney Safety programs, services and capabilities.
• Through proficient use of interpersonal skills via phone and email, engage and probe customers to ensure their needs are determined and we provide the best solution(s).
• Respond in a timely and accurate manner to all incoming tasks, outbound activities and resolve issues.
• Provide application and product selection assistance.
• Regularly review and be familiar with all applicable legislation and applicable standards, to ensure customer compliance.
• Assist in the support, training and implementation of safety and health programs with our customers.
• Maintain account relationships with key decision-makers at assigned accounts and cultivate long-term relationships at all levels of the customer’s organization.
Perform other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety or related technical field.
• 2-5 years’ experience in technical product sales in a business-to-business environment or experience in a position with Health and Safety responsibilities.
• Desired: A Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification.
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong computer skills.
How to Apply
Please apply at www.wesco.com and complete the application for the job posting (the reference code is IRC182794 under the keyword search)
TO POST AN OPENING
Please email job overview, in word format, to Barb Deans. Your posting will remain on our site for 6-8 weeks, unless a specific deadline is included. If you have questions, please contact the Wisconsin Safety Council at 608.661.6940. This service is free.
Please include the following:
- Job Title
- How to Apply
Join our LinkedIn Group and post your position there as well!