Member Job Openings
To Submit a Job Opening – See the bottom of this page
Posted: August 5, 2016
Loss Prevention Representative
West Bend Mutual Insurance, North Eastern WI
West Bend Mutual Insurance Company currently has an immediate opening for a Loss Prevention Representative serving the North Eastern portion of the state (from Wausau/Stevens Point to Green Bay/Door County. It is preferred that the ideal candidate reside in the Green Bay/Fox Valley area.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include surveying of commercial risks for underwriting staff and risk improvement services for commercial risks. The position will be a home based position.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety and health, risk management or equivalent with 3-5 years of insurance experience preferred.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a Loss Prevention role (outside of a retail setting) conducting physical surveys, investigating risk exposures/accidents, analyzing risk experience and making recommendations to assist insureds in maintaining their loss control programs.
- The ability to work in the field with limited managerial direction but also able to work effectively with underwriters to determine risk and acceptability.
- An aptitude for finding the “silver lining” in complex and sensitive situations.
- The willingness to gain additional knowledge and experience.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can go to our website at www.thesilverlining.com for a complete job description and application to submit expressing interest.
Posted: August 2, 2016
Occupational Safety Consultant (3 positions available)
isconsin Onsite Consultation Program, Northwest and Southwest WI and Milwaukee Area
hese Occupational Safety consultation positions independently provide on-site technical industrial safety consultation services to small employers in the private sector throughout the Wisconsin. These positions serve as primary resources for the Construction and General Industry employers.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Occupational Safety consultation position works independently and provides on-site technical industrial safety consultation services to employers in the private sector throughout the State of Wisconsin. This position serves as a lead primary resource for Construction Industry Safety Evaluations and other complex occupational Safety hazards that require innovative and difficult evaluations and solutions. Occupational hazards identified and addressed by this position can cause significant harm and death to employees if not addressed properly. Work activities include the identification, recognition, monitoring and evaluation. These activities will involve the critical identification of potential life-threatening hazards, developing appropriate control methods to address the hazards that are present. The position also assesses health and safety management systems, and provides managers of small businesses with assistance in developing and improving those systems. The consultant(s) are expected to be conversant with all occupational safety hazards including but not limited to; machine safe guarding, confined space, lockout/tagout, electrical, scaffolding, powered industrial vehicles and fall protection hazards among others Federal OSHA standards, ANSI standards, NFPA, NEC, the Wisconsin Administrative Codes and other published standards and guidelines are interpreted and used for hazard evaluation and control recommendations. The advanced work also includes the interpretation of scientific and technical studies, and other published literature. These positions function independently, exercising considerable judgment, under general supervision. These positions are (home based) located in Northwest Wisconsin Southwest Wisconsin and the Metro Milwaukee Area.
- Authorized 10-30 hour OSHA Instructor for General Industry and Construction preferred.
- 5-7 years of practical field experience in safety compliance required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Safety preferred.
How to Apply
In order to apply, applications must be submitted online. To apply for this job, please upload a resume, cover letter (including title and Vacancy ID#), and complete a work history form.
NOTE: Please indicate in writing if you request that your identity be kept confidential. If you do not indicate your preference to remain confidential, the University may be required to disclose your identify and/or application materials. The identity of finalists and successful candidates will be revealed upon request. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
Deadline: August 22, 2016
Posted: July 12, 2016
Sargento Foods, Hilbert, WI
Coordinates and implements organization safety program primarily for the Hilbert Manufacturing locations to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment by performing the following duties personally or through collaboration with other responsible partners.
Duties & Responsibilities
- This position will be responsible for maintaining OSHA regulatory compliance and continuous improvement of occupational safety results at the Hilbert facility.
- Implement accident-prevention and loss-control systems and programs for incorporation into operational policies and procedures. Assist with ensuring all applicable written safety policies and procedures are in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Coordinate and conduct safety programs on all shifts to train managers, employees and outside contractors in work site safety practices. Programs include, but not limited to fire prevention, correct handling of chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials, ergonomic issues, emergency response planning and training, and all other safety issues required by OSHA or typically found in a manufacturing environment. Coordinate outside vendors to provide required training, as necessary.
- Assist Engineering and Manufacturing with Process Safety Management (PSM) compliance and training at all facilities, where required.
- Work with insurance carriers as a resource for promoting safety and preventing accidents.
- Prepare studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies. Maintain timely and accurate recordkeeping as required on OSHA 300 logs.
- Serve as a resource for plant safety committees, Engineering, and Manufacturing to advise them on compliance needs, accident/injury trends, build common approaches to safety solutions for all plants. Provide guidance to Engineering in the design of new equipment and processes.
- Inspect and audit facilities, property, operational procedures and employee behavior to detect existing or potential hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Provide information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Coach and communicate with management in effective ways to enforce safety policies and motivate employees to behave in a safe manner.
- Lead the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperate in gathering information and the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Manage completion of accident reports required by internal processes and regulatory agencies.
- Remain current on industry best practices, trends, and issues in safety protocols and regulatory compliance and recommend changes and improvements to Sargento’s safety practices.
- Maintain safety files, records, and databases.
- Promote a safe environment by coordinating and cooperating with Local, State, and Regional safety groups and agencies.
- Maintain complete and steadfast confidentiality in all matters regarding compensation and other appropriate human resource issues.
- This position will require travel between the Sargento locations and some overnight travel may be required.
- While this position is primarily a first shift position, incumbent must be willing to work on all shifts as needed.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree (B.S.) in Occupational Safety and Health or similar, plus a minimum of one to three years safety experience within a manufacturing environment required. Working knowledge of ammonia refrigeration systems safety and PSM a plus. Other professional safety or industrial hygiene certifications preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Proficient in the use of Windows, Outlook, Power Point, Internet, and Excel required. Knowledge of SAP, Documentum, and Safety Management Software, or similar systems, a plus. Familiarity with most types of office equipment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) – preferred but not required. Valid drivers license required.
Posted: June 15, 2016
Corporate Safety Manager
J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc., Neenah, WI
This position is responsible for leading Environmental, Safety & Security to consistently align with and support business results and to ensure that internal/external customer/client service expectations are fulfilled. The position shares ownership with all the associates to ensure a safe and secure environment is in place and the appropriate security, safety and environmental concerns are being addressed at our corporate campus and local remote offices.
The position is also responsible for developing and implementing safety programs, administering the corporate ISO Environmental program and ensuring the corporate campus and off-site facilities are properly secured. Strong communication and collaboration with all associates and leaders within the Company to ensure the environmental and safety needs are met.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Delivers results in line with the following key metrics/accountabilities:
– Budget control
– Incident rate
– Worker’s compensation dollars per hours worked
– Incident reports vs. recordable injuries
– Lost days
– Restricted days
– Safety observation rate
• Leads the IS0 45001 program to ensure best in class occupational health and safety management system requirements are established, implemented, and maintained in accordance with the ISO 45001 standard. Responsible for creating and maintaining documentation and leading the audit function for ISO 45001.
• Develops implements and monitors environmental, safety and security plans, including development of written programs; training; business reporting; recordkeeping; assessments; and regulatory tracking and knowledge.
• Ensures compliance with environmental, safety and security codes and acts as the liason with law enforcement agencies and public health officials.
• Leads the corporate safety committee and actively participates in departmental committees for manufacturing and distribution safety teams.
• Leads the Emergency Response Team (ERT) by conducting emergency response training to ensure emergency preparedness.
• Identifies company exposures and needs; then develops, implements and maintains environmental, safety and security programs and corporate policies as a means of reducing company risks and losses.
• Leads the IS0 14001 program to ensure environmental management system requirements are established, implemented, and maintained in accordance with the ISO 14001 standard. Responsible for creating and maintaining documentation and leading the audit function.
• Oversees and provides direction to the corporate safety and workers’ compensation program. Interfaces with insurance contacts on situations that may impact risk and ensures corrective action is taken.
• Maintains on-going communication and positive working relationships with associates, customers (internal and external) and vendors (internal and external).
• Enforces and supports all company policies and procedures. Fully supports the company’s commitment to safety and the environment and strives to maintain a clean, healthy and safe workplace.
• Manages expenses in line with departmental budgets and corporate business conditions.
• Carries out responsibilities in a fair, ethical and non-discriminatory manner and ensure staff follows guidelines.
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Industrial Safety field.
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) desirable.
• 5+ years of experience in a corporate safety management role.
• Facilitation of Safety, Environmental and Security Programs.
• Strong working knowledge of OSHA and EPA Regulations.
• Knowledge of an Environmental Management System requirements.
• Knowledge of Workers’ Compensation.
• Knowledge of Behavioral-Based Safety.
• Ability to influence stakeholders across the organization to positively impact safety focus and energy.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Advanced proficiency in the use of a PC and MS Office Suite.
How to Apply
TO POST AN OPENING
Please email job overview, in word format, to Barb Deans. Your posting will remain on our site for 6-8 weeks, unless a specific deadline is included. If you have questions, please contact the Wisconsin Safety Council at 800.236.3400.
Please include the following:
- Job Title
- How to Apply
Join our LinkedIn Group and post your position there as well!