June is National Safety Month
No 1 Gets Hurt
National Safety Month (NSM) highlights four leading causes of preventable injury and death on a national scale, providing the latest information and resources in effort to help keep more people safe. Observed annually in June, NSM focuses on reducing leading causes of injury and death at work, on the road and in our homes and communities.
Each week in June, NSC will be providing downloadable resources highlighting a different safety topic:
Week 1:Emergency Preparedness
Week 2: Wellness
Week 3: Falls
Week 4: Driving
Week 4 = Driving & New Vehicle Technology (June 25-29)
The final week of National Safety Month, June 24-30, is almost here! Week 4 materials are on the subject of new technology in vehicles and how these features have the potential to dramatically improve driver safety and safety in the fleet industry – but only if used correctly. Help keep employees, coworkers and family safe by using the resources and tips found below. Make sure to continue to engage and educate your employees and put your safety knowledge into practice all year long by accessing all the tools and resources available on our Member exclusive website.
- 5-Minute Safety Talk: Know the New Technology in Vehicles (English & Spanish)
- Poster: Taking Your Car’s Safety Seriously (English & Spanish)
- Car Rental Wallet Card 6UP,
- Word Match: Driving Technology
- Tip Sheet: Always Drive Safe (English & Spanish)
- Social Media Graphic: Driving – Buckle Up Every Ride
- Family Tip Sheet: Safe Driving Pledge
Week 3 = Falls (June 17-23)
It’s time to focus on FALLS – a leading cause of injury both on and off the job. Did you know that falls to a lower level are the second leading cause of preventable workplace fatalities? This week, keep an eye out for slip, trip and fall hazards and each other by using these materials at your workplace. Use the checklist and tip sheet at home too! Make sure No 1 Gets Hurt.
- 5-Minute Safety Talk: Keep an Eye Out for Slip, Trip & Fall Hazards (English & Spanish)
- Poster: 4 A’s of Fall Prevention (English & Spanish)
- Checklist: Fall Prevention
- Word Search: Fall Prevention
- Tip Sheet: Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls (English & Spanish)
- Social Media Graphic: Falls Don’t Get Tripped Up!
Week 2 = Be Well – Be Safe (June 11-15)
Your personal wellbeing is crucial to every part of your life, including your safety. For the 2nd week of National Safety Month, June 10-16, the focus is on physical and mental health and the growing problem of prescription drug misuse.
- 5-Minute Safety Talk: Know the Signs (English & Spanish)
- Poster: Stay Well, Stay Safe (English & Spanish)
- Checklist: Healthy Living
- Crossword Puzzle: Healthy Living
- Tip Sheet: Prioritize Your Wellness (English & Spanish)
- Social Media Graphic: 70 Million Americans Suffer…
Bonus: Create a Wellness Program
- NSC Wellness Plus Program (Overview)
- Activity Plus Tracker – Wellness Wednesdays
- Nutrition Plus Tracker – Home/Gym Workout
- Quick Plus Tracker – Fruit & Vegetable Challenge
Read and share these materials with employees to help them be well and safe. Bonus materials are included on creating a wellness program at your workplace.
Week 1 = Emergency Preparedness (June 4-8)
Tips to Promote Emergency Preparedness
- Hang the poster in prominent areas such as in the lunchroom or by the elevators
- Hold a 5-Minute Safety Talk and present materials at an National Safety Month kick-off meeting or at a “Lunch and Learn”
- Create a bulletin board and pin tips, plans and reminders on how to be ready in case of an emergency
- Hold a Weather Emergency Drill
Member-Exclusive Bonus Week
Members Get More
NSC/WSC members get even more materials to promote National Safety Month. Not a member? Join today.
Already a member of NSC? Sign in to get more NSM materials.
Get Your Employees Involved in National Safety Month
We offer a number of items to help promote a safety culture at your workplace. Order here.