All returning Business World Students should attend the St. Norbert Program.
June 19 – 22, 2016
July 10 – 13, 2016
Wisconsin Business World is a program for high school students from across Wisconsin. The students learn real-world business experiences and gain an understanding of the importance of the free enterprise system.
Contact Steve Benzschawel, Business World Program Director, for more information and to register your high school student or become a sponsor of this year’s program! Call 888.276.7953.
Business World Core Program
Business World is a four-day program that brings high school students and business volunteers together on a college campus to learn about the challenges facing our economy. It is an opportunity that will enable you to prepare for your future in today’s increasingly competitive global marketplace.
Once you arrive at the program, you will join a team of 10-12 students who function as an imaginary “company” for the program. With the task of turning your company into a financial success, each company works harmoniously to create a unique product, develop marketing strategies, design a commercial, and compete in an online business simulation. In addition, you will have the opportunity to interact with guest speakers and tour local companies to complete the hands-on experience.
In essence, you will make all of the decisions demanded of real life company executives.
Do you think business just isn’t your thing? The field of business needs many types of experts…
- Do you like to draw? Then maybe marketing’s for you.
- Are you into creative writing? Try your hand in communications.
- Are you a math wiz? Then finance is your key to success.
- Do your friends call you a computer wiz? There’s always IT.
- Are you the life of the party? Then PR is definitely your game!
- Do you like solving puzzles and trying to fix problems? Then you’ve got CEO written all over you.
- Do you prefer artistically hard lines and right angles? Businesses need architects and engineers too!
Business World Advanced Program
After you have completed the Business World core program, you are eligible to return the following year for a more advanced program. The Advanced Program focuses more on certain aspects of the world of business such as marketing or business ethics. The curriculum for the advanced program changes each year.
The Business World Mini Program travels around Wisconsin and arrives in classrooms throughout the school year to help students understand the real world of business.