Corporate Safety Award
2013 Corporate Safety Award Application Form
|Click to view printable application|
- 2013 Corporate Safety Award Winners
- Wisconsin Corporate Safety Award Winner Archives
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Wisconsin Safety Hall of Fame
2013 Qualified Finalists
- 2013 Corporate Safety Awards Qualified Finalists
- 2013 CSA Qualified Finalists Phase II Subjective Report
This program honors leaders in our state’s business community for achieving excellence in safety & health.
The Wisconsin Corporate Safety Awards are co-sponsored by the Wisconsin Safety Council and the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.
Celebrating our 20th year, this awards program honors businesses for exemplary safety records and excellence in safety & health management.
These businesses are making safety a top priority. They have gone to extensive measures to assure their most valuable asset—their employees—are safe on the job.
The Wisconsin Corporate Safety Awards will be based on size of organization AND type of organization. A total of up to 17 grand awards will be presented. All award finalists receive a finalist certificate and publicity; perfect incidence rates will receive certificates.
A. Size of Organizations
Based on actual payroll hours worked are the number of paid work hours for the calendar year (including office hours, but excluding vacation and holidays). You must include all fulltime, part-time, seasonal and temporary employees who work under your organization’s supervision. Four size categories in all types except Category A Manufacturing, which will have five.
B. Types of Organizations
Category A: Manufacturing - NAICS Codes 31-33
Category B: Agricultural, Forestry, Transportation, Mining and Utilities - NAICS Codes 11-22
Category C: Construction - NAICS Code 23
Category D: Other - NAICS Codes 42-92
For assistance in determining your NAICS code, visit http://www.census.gov/eos/www/naics/
The Wisconsin Corporate Safety Award selection process involves two phases.
- In Phase I, statistical data relating to a company’s incidence rates for the past three years, with an emphasis on current full year’s calendar data, was reviewed and a core group of finalists was selected. Deadline for phase 1 is January 24, 2014.
- In Phase II the finalists —selected by the Corporate Safety Award committee — will be notified by February 10, 2014 and asked to answer a series of subjective questions pertaining to workplace health and safety issues. Deadline for Phase II is February 28, 2014.
Each December the Award Nomination forms are available with a deadline in January of the immediately following year.
- Benchmark: The process of nominating your organization requires you to benchmark where you have been, where you are, and where you are headed in safety. It can be used as an opportunity to evaluate your current situation, your prospects, and progress.
- Prestige: Organizations winning awards have been the subject of well-deserved press coverage in their local communities as well as in statewide newspapers and business magazines. Award winners have used the Corporate Safety Award to promote their organization and products in their internal communication, marketing material, website, sales presentations and publicity.
- Morale Booster: Many winners of these awards cite their workers as deserving the majority of the credit for the award. Many winning organizations use the award as an opportunity to show appreciation to their associates for a job well done.
Please contact WSC with questions at 800.236.3400 or email Janie Ritter at email@example.com