Why Join WMC?
If You Believe, Belong
Do you believe that politicians and bureaucrats understand how your business works and how their decisions impact you? That is why WMC – founded in 1911 – is on the front lines every day to ensure your interests are being represented. Encompassing businesses of all sizes, industries and areas of the state, WMC consistently is ranked as the number one lobbying organization in Wisconsin – no one spends more time and energy fighting for the business community.
WMC members earn exclusive access to networking opportunities and high-profile events with nationally renowned speakers. Programming throughout the year provides members with the chance to connect with CEOs from across the state, build a network of companies in your industry and directly interact with top leaders in Wisconsin’s business community. Members also gain special access to WMC’s full slate of policy experts who will help you navigate public policy proposals. As a WMC member, your impact on important public policy decisions can grow exponentially.
Members know that WMC is their trusted source for up-to-the minute information about the issues impacting the business community. With the 24/7 news cycle and more questionable media outlets appearing each day, you can be sure the information you receive from WMC is timely, relevant to your business and always accurate. From daily updates to a quarterly magazine, WMC strives to provide members with news, policy updates, editorials and other materials that help you best run your business.
Local Chamber, State Chamber: What’s the Difference?
Local chambers are the lifeblood of the communities they serve and especially here in Wisconsin, they do good work. Most local chambers are focused primarily on regional issues and many are involved in area economic development activities.
The state chamber has a different focus and mission. The primary purpose of Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce is to be a strong advocate for employers at the state and federal level through legislative, political and legal action.
Located in downtown Madison, just blocks from the State Capitol, WMC’s experts include five government relations specialists who work hard every day to improve the business climate for businesses of all sizes and from every sector of the economy. Representing more than 3,800 job creators and nearly 500,000 hard-working employees statewide, WMC serves as a powerful voice for Wisconsin employers.
WMC offers a variety of membership investment packages to best suit your needs and budget. All WMC members enjoy the following benefits:
You have a business to run—and can’t always be on the floor of the legislature advocating for pro-business policies to keep our state competitive, but WMC can!
Members of WMC benefit from our team of legislative experts and public relations professionals who advocate tirelessly for your business every day at the state Capitol; in the courts and at regulatory agencies in the following issue areas:
- Civil Justice
- Health Care
- Worker’s Compensation
WMC Membership provides your business with all the information you need to stay informed on issues that matter to you. WMC publications
- Capitol Watch, our weekly e-newsletter, provides succinct information on the week’s latest happenings in the Capitol.
- Legislative alerts tell you when an important business issue is up for vote in the legislature and provides tools to easily e-mail or call your state representative.
- During the legislative session, WMC members can participate in bi-weekly legislative update phone calls with our team of lobbyists for behind the scenes information.
- Wisconsin Business Voice, a quarterly magazine covering the latest business issues.
Wisconsin Safety Council
The Wisconsin Safety Council (WSC) is Wisconsin’s leading provider of workplace safety training and programming. WMC membership includes a WSC membership, which includes:
- Valuable information, resources and programs
- Consulting services
- Special Member Pricing
- Training for employees to work more effectively and efficiently thru seminars, conferences and onsite training
WMC membership also grants its members access to several money saving programs and resources from group insurance plans to business list services. Learn more
Additional Member Benefits
WMC membership provides many other membership benefits, which include:
- Opportunity to network with WMC Board of Directors
- Private Election and Legislative Briefings for your executive team
- Exclusive access to WMC programs and events
- WMC assistance in planning your company’s legislative day
- Opportunity to participate in WMC Committees
- Quarterly CEO Roundtable Opportunities with WMC President/CEO and member(s) of WMC Executive Committee
WMC’s professional staff is on hand to serve Wisconsin businesses. Please contact us at 608.258.3400 or via email for more information!