Why Join WMC?
WMC saved Wisconsin employers nearly $1,279 per employee. Click here to view the details.
WMC is arguably the state’s most powerful and thus, influential special interest group. WMC uses that influence to promote legislation and policies which improve the state’s overall business climate.
Via our magazine, electronic newsletters, videos and social media, WMC keeps members informed on the issues that impact Wisconsin business.
Members provide valuable input that shape the positions WMC advances to improve the state’s competitiveness.
Local Chamber, State Chamber: What’s the Difference?
Local chambers are the lifeblood of the communities they serve and especially here in Wisconsin, they do good work. Most local chambers are focused primarily on regional issues and many are involved in area economic development activities.
The state chamber has a different focus and mission. The primary purpose of Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce is to be a strong advocate for employers at the state and federal level through legislative, political and legal action.
Located in downtown Madison, just blocks from the State Capitol, WMC’s experts include five government relations specialists who work hard every day to improve the business climate for businesses of all sizes and from every sector of the economy. Representing more than 3,800 job creators and nearly 500,000 hard-working employees statewide, WMC serves as a powerful voice for Wisconsin employers.
WMC offers a variety of membership investment packages to best suit your needs and budget. All WMC members enjoy the following benefits:
You have a business to run—and can’t always be on the floor of the legislature advocating for pro-business policies to keep our state competitive, but WMC can!
Members of WMC benefit from our team of legislative experts and public relations professionals who advocate tirelessly for your business every day at the state Capitol; in the courts and at regulatory agencies in the following issue areas:
- Civil Justice
- Health Care
- Worker’s Compensation
WMC Membership provides your business with all the information you need to stay informed on issues that matter to you. WMC publications
- Capitol Watch, our weekly e-newsletter, provides succinct information on the week’s latest happenings in the Capitol.
- Legislative alerts tell you when an important business issue is up for vote in the legislature and provides tools to easily e-mail or call your state representative.
- During the legislative session, WMC members can participate in bi-weekly legislative update phone calls with our team of lobbyists for behind the scenes information.
- Wisconsin Business Voice, a quarterly magazine covering the latest business issues.
Wisconsin Safety Council
The Wisconsin Safety Council (WSC) is Wisconsin’s leading provider of workplace safety training and programming. WMC membership includes a WSC membership, which includes:
- Valuable information, resources and programs
- Consulting services
- Special Member Pricing
- Training for employees to work more effectively and efficiently thru seminars, conferences and onsite training
WMC membership also grants its members access to several money saving programs and resources from group insurance plans to business list services. Learn more
Additional Member Benefits
WMC membership provides many other membership benefits, which include:
- Opportunity to network with WMC Board of Directors
- Private Election and Legislative Briefings for your executive team
- Exclusive access to WMC programs and events
- WMC assistance in planning your company’s legislative day
- Opportunity to participate in WMC Committees
- Quarterly CEO Roundtable Opportunities with WMC President/CEO and member(s) of WMC Executive Committee
WMC’s professional staff is on hand to serve Wisconsin businesses. Please contact us at 608.258.3400 or via email for more information!