Part of the Supervisor Safety Certificate
A must for all Supervisors!
DATES & LOCATIONS
May 22, 2014
VJS Construction Services
W233 N2847 Roundy Cir W.
Pewaukee, WI 53072-5794 • 608.258.3400
November 18, 2014
Schneider National – Glory Meeting Room
1555 Glory Rd
Green Bay, WI 54304 • 608.258.3400
The Supervisors’ Safety Program trains supervisors and managers to incorporate best safety practices into their daily management activities.
This one-day course will provide new and veteran supervisors with a clear insight into their occupational safety and health responsibilities. This seminar will illustrate how supervisors can reduce accidents, increase profitability and ensure a healthy working environment. Safety and health professionals throughout the country agree that supervisors are the key to accident prevention. Supervisors must possess the training and know-how to help employees do their job correctly, on time, and most importantly, safely.
- Core elements of an effective safety process
- Identify management deficiencies in the safety system
- Accident prevention/supervisor responsibility
- Correcting unsafe practices
- Accident analysis and techniques
- Worker’s compensation
- Red flags for supervisors
- OSHA’s training requirements
- OSHA’s most frequently cited serious violations
- Employee safety behavior
- Approach safety and health as a management process
- Apply safety and health education and training methods that promote safe and healthful actions by employees
- Recognize hazards in the workplace and identify ways to control them
- Encourage communication between employees and promote employee interest and involvement in safety and health issues
- Q&A session
- A key feature of the program requires participants to demonstrate they have acquired the knowledge and skills from training and are prepared to implement them in the workplace.
- To equip supervisors and managers with the knowledge, leadership skills and methods to apply safety as part of their responsibilities and become effective safety leaders and advocates.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All levels of management and supervision.
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
This course is a great step to improving your safety leadership and enhancing your career development. Safety and health professionals throughout the country agree that supervisors are the key to accident prevention. Supervisors must possess the training and know-how to help employees do their job correctly, on time, and most importantly, safely.
Bill Koepnick, President, Professional Training Services, Inc.
Regular Price $345
Discounted Member $245
Course materials included.
Registration/Networking: 8:00 – 8:30 am
Course: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm (lunch is included)
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn .60 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
SUPERVISOR SAFETY CERTFICATE COMPONENTS
Earn the Supervisor Safety Certificate by completing the following programs within 3 years.
- Incident Investigation: A Root Cause Analysis
- Safety Communication & Training Techniques
- Supervisor Safety & Health Fundamentals
Registration confirmations will be mailed. Pre-registration is required.
Training program discount
Membership - Join our network of committed organizations today!
Consulting & customized training services - Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!
Contact Information, Forms and Logistics
Mail: Wisconsin Safety Council, PO Box 352, Madison, WI 53701-0352
Directions/lodging to training facilities
Training registration form
Cancellation and substitution policy