Make safety the shared value of every employee. Put safety behind every strategy, every decision, every operation, every action. This course addresses practical approaches to forming strategies for a safety culture, leading in a safety culture, gaining employee involvement through safety contact and observation, and measuring the success of safety initiatives. All of this is done in the context of continuous improvement.
- Recognize the four requirements for creating a positive safety culture: leadership, employee involvement, measurement systems, and a continuous improvement process.
- Recognize management’s role in leading and implementing a safety culture.
- Gain employee involvement through use of a safety observation and contact process that is focused on recognizing and reinforcing safe behaviors.
- Use measurement tools to evaluate and quantify the effectiveness of your organization’s safety culture.
- Use continuous improvement to improve safety efforts.
- Build a positive safety culture by using the tips, techniques, and tools acquired in the training program
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for new and experienced safety, health and compliance professionals, as well as personnel who have a wide range of responsibilities, such as human resource managers, plant managers and safety committee members.
Why You Should Attend
This program is intended to provide attendees with “real world” applications and strategies for an effective safety and health culture. This program also discusses do’s and don’ts for a supervisor/team leader to create a good relationship with employees, which in turn develops safe behaviors. What you’ll learn:
- The Strategies for Creating a Safety Culture
- Leadership and Safety Culture
- Employee Involvement Through Safety Contact and Observation
- Measuring Program Success
- Continuous Improvement and Safety Culture
- Using Program Materials in Your Business
Chevon Cook, Safety Manager, Wisconsin Safety Council
Regular Price $440
Discounted Member $340
Course materials included.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn .60 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
Registration confirmations will be Emailed. Pre-registration is required.
Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!