About the Symposium and Publication
Our Symposium will provide human resource professionals, employers, insurers, and health care providers with important legal and compliance assistance for two of the most challenging employment laws and regulations. Included in this full-day symposium, each full price attendee receives our new publication: Wisconsin Worker’s Compensation Law: A Handbook for Employers.
- NEW – Changes in Labor Laws
- NEW – OSHA Regulation Updates
- A complete review of coverage under the Wisconsin Workers’ Compensation Act and Federal FMLA
- Analysis of employee benefit eligibility and claim administration
- Fraud detection and prevention
- The relationship of workers’ compensation to other employment laws such as the ADA, state and federal family and medical leave laws, and other state and federal laws
- Development and organization of Wisconsin’s Workers’ Compensation System, insurance requirements and rates
- Worker’s compensation coverage- employer, employee and injuries
- Benefits available to injured workers
- Employer claim administration strategies
- Preventing worker’s compensation fraud in your workplace
- Claims of particular importance to employers
- The relationship of worker’s compensation to other employment laws
- New treatment guidelines
- Questions and answers
About the Speakers
|Charles B. Palmer is a managing partner of Michael Best & Friedrich’s Waukesha office, and a member of the Employment Relations Practice Group. Chuck is the author of WMC’s Wisconsin Workers’ Compensation Law: A Handbook for Employers.|
|Denise Greathouse, Michael Best & Friedrich’s attorney practicing in IL and WI. She represents management exclusively in a full range of labor and employment matters.|
Research Institute Staff (WCRI)
|This presentation will highlight recent findings from WCRI’s core benchmark studies on how Wisconsin’s worker’s compensation system compares to other states in areas such as: medial & indemnity costs; duration of temp disability benefits and R-T-W; access to and satisfaction with WC medical care; timeliness of indemnity benefit payments; and measures of attorney involvement. WRCI staff will also highlight new findings related to the prevalence of longer-term opioid use among injured workers.|
Registration/Networking: 8:00 – 8:30 am
8:30 am – 3:45 pm (lunch is included)
Regular Price with book: $475
WSC/WMC Member Discounted Price with book: $425
Regular Price without book: $325
WSC/WMC Member Discounted Price without book: $275
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
.60 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council. CLEs have been applied for.
Registration confirmations will be mailed. Pre-registration is required.
A block of rooms has been reserved for our guests; this block will be released to the general public on Aug. 21, 2017
Please call the Edgewater at 608.535.8200 for a discounted rate of $159 single/double occupancy. Please specify group code “WSC” to receive this special rate.
1001 Wisconsin Place
Madison, WI 53703
Wisconsin Worker’s Compensation Law — A Handbook for Employers
8th Edition now available!
This comprehensive resource guides you through the maze of worker’s compensation — from purchasing worker’s compensation insurance to administering claims — and beyond.
A must have reference for HR professionals, business owners, claims managers, insurers, government officials and anyone responsible for worker’s compensation issues. Written in a clear, concise and easy-to-use format by experienced employment and worker’s compensation professionals, this publication will prove to be a valuable resource for everyone who works with the Wisconsin Worker’s Compensation System. This handbook will provide you with valuable insights on reducing worker’s compensation costs, defending claims and managing difficult employee issues in worker’s compensation cases.
- Contains the entire text of the Wisconsin Worker’s Compensation Act, administrative rules, elements of a claim, claim administration strategies, and state mandated forms
- Immediate answers to your WC questions
- Quick summary of employer and insurer rights & responsibilities
- Tips on claims administration and fraud prevention
- Complete Wisconsin worker’s compensation statutes
- State and federal forms in print and web based
- New case examples
Published in cooperation with the WMC Foundation.
If you’re unable to attend the conference, you may purchase the book separately..
Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!