Part of NSC’s Advanced Safety Certificate Program:
Employee engagement is the key to a successful safety program. The National Safety Council’s one-day Team Safety course shows you how to make group safety efforts work for your organization. You’ll learn how to build an effective safety team from the ground up, as well as techniques proven to help you continuously get the best efforts from the team you build.
Our 1-day course is packed with helpful information designed to prepare your safety teams for success. Modules included in this course include:
- The Fundamentals of Team Safety
- Building Effective Safety Teams
- Safety Team Members
- Effective Communication for Safety Teams
- Meeting Management for Safety Teams
By going through this program, students will learn:
- How to recognize and use key safety and health terminology, as well as team safety concepts and techniques
- How to plan for and create an effective safety team
- How to identify training and development needs of team members
- Communication skills to conduct productive meetings with your team
- How to help your team influence your organization’s safety culture
Who Should Attend?
Our Team Safety course is an introductory course meant for those who need to build a safety team or committee from scratch. This course is intended for safety, health and management personnel responsible for building these teams/committees, but possibly lacking experience in team building.
Why Should You Attend?
Discussions, demonstrations and exercises will teach you how to create a group safety program, including how to develop your team’s safety skills and enable them to make a positive impact on your organization’s safety culture. The result: a more effective safety team, which means measurable improvements for your organization.
Chevon Cook, Safety Manager, or Kady Olson, Sr. Safety Manager, Wisconsin Safety Council.
Regular Price: $450
Discounted Member: $350
Course materials included.
12:00-1:00 Lunch on your own (Check out the great restaurants in downtown Madison). WSC training center will include i-Pads for you to place your luncheon order.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn .65 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
Registration confirmations will be emailed. Pre-registration is required.
Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!