Registration: 8:15-8:30 am (day one only)
Course: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (each day)
12:00-1:00 Lunch on your own day 1-3; the last day of class, lunch will be provided. (Check out the great restaurants in downtown Madison).WSC training center will include i-Pads for you to place your luncheon order.
RECOMMENDATION: Bring a laptop and flash drive with you to this course.
Ideal for new safety professionals, individuals seeking career development, and an excellent refresher for experienced safety professionals. Apply this course towards your National Safety Council Advanced Safety Certificate (ASC).
The National Safety Council’s performance-based training approach will help you achieve your safety and business goals. We’ll show you how to reach your desired level of performance. The Safety Training Methods course is designed for safety professionals or others who are responsible for training employees. It’s important to make educated decisions about the safety and health training needs of your workforce. STM teaches you to create, select and deliver training that’s not only vital to workplace safety, but engages your employees. You’ll learn approaches to conduct needs analysis, performance objectives, instructional strategy and methods, content, media delivery, evaluation and costs. During the course, a variety of strategies will be used to improve the transfer of training from the class to the job. Each participant will have the opportunity to practice new learning skills during the class, examine ways to apply new skills on the job, become familiar with excellent resources, and discuss barriers to implementation and how to overcome them. Build a more effective training program and become a terrific trainer!
- Impacting performance in the safety and health setting
- Writing performance objectives and evaluating learning progress
- Using facilitation skills and handling difficult situations
- Selecting, designing and using media
- Planning future training efforts
- Plan, develop and design a training program applicable to your work environment
- Learn strategies and methods that address adult learning needs and how to adapt to those needs
- Complete a training needs analysis
- Identify training and non-training solutions for safety and health case studies
- Calculate direct and indirect training costs
- Discuss safety and health training issues with other safety professionals
- Assess safety and health training and non-training needs
- Determine instructional strategies and methods for training
- Facilitate learning activities
- Improve the safety performance of your workforce
- Make educated decisions about the safety and health training needs of your workforce — needs analysis, performance objectives, instructional strategy and methods, content, media, delivery, evaluation, and costs
Who Should Attend
If you are a manager, supervisor, human resource representative, or employee who is responsible for the planning, development and/or delivery of safety and health training programs, attend the Safety Training Methods course.
Why You Should Attend
Safety Training Methods is a 4 day (30 hours) course that focuses on the knowledge and skills required to assess your training needs, as well as plan, organize, create, and deliver performance-based safety and health training programs. While emphasis is on developing and delivering instructor-led/classroom training, you’ll become acquainted with other instructional methods and media used to effectively train employees on safety and health issues. This course is a challenging and interactive learning experience. Combined with information, numerous group and independent learning activities provide opportunities to apply newly learned concepts to a variety of safety and health training scenarios. Whether you’re coordinating training development, purchasing materials from vendors, contracting with trainers, or conducting training yourself — you’ll find this course valuable.
Kady Olson, Sr. Safety Manager or Chevon Cook, Safety Manager, Wisconsin Safety Council
Regular Price $1,675
Discounted Member $1,325
Course materials included. Each participant will receive a “Participant Guide”.
Come prepared with needs or ideas for training programs and if you plan on using a power-point presentation, please bring a laptop if you have one.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn 2.6 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!