4 day course; must attend all 4 days
Registration/Networking: 8:15-8:30 am (day one only)
Course: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm each day
12:00-1:00 Lunch on your own day 1-3; last day of class lunch will be provided (Check out the great restaurants in downtown Madison).WSC training center will include i-Pads for you to place your luncheon order.
Earns the Certificate in Principles of Safety & Health, and a required course for the National Safety Council’s Advanced Safety Certificate (ASC).
The premier course for those new to safety, POSH gives you a balanced perspective of the full scope of occupational safety and health issues. You’ll go beyond the basics of compliance to learn best practices that help prevent injuries and related costs. Gain management’s support for your efforts and learn applications that you’ll use throughout your safety career. This course is a great introduction for anyone with safety responsibilities, and an excellent review for those with more experience.
- Develop a complete safety program
- Understand and implement the essential concepts and techniques of workplace safety and health management
- Identify the resources necessary to develop an effective workplace safety program
- How to apply safety concepts and plans to work processes and products
- How communication works in an organization and the factors that will influence your safety plan
- How to analyze data to identify patterns and trends in injuries and incidents
- The who, what, when, where, and how of incident investigations
- The influence of OSHA and how it affects your organization
- The reason behind safety inspections and how to effectively plan and conduct them
- The impact of industrial hygiene, HazCom standards, occupational health, and material handling on your safety plan
- Critical steps in planning and conducting effective safety meetings
- How to define ergonomics, analyze ergonomic problems, and structure an ergonomics program
- Recordkeeping for OSHA injuries and illnesses
- Accident investigation and reporting
- Safety inspections
- Communications for safety
- Federal and state legislation
- Job instruction training (JIT)
- Safety organization
- Job safety analysis (JSA)
- New employee orientation
- Personal protective equipment
- Hazard recognition, evaluation and control
- Employee involvement
- Safety training
- Safety teams and committees
- Emergency action planning
Who Should Attend
Ideal for new safety professionals, individuals seeking career development, and an excellent refresher for experienced safety professionals.
Why You Should Attend
POSH will provide students with the knowledge and skills to effectively organize and operate a safety program for any size or type of industry. This intensive 30-hour course is designed primarily for those recently appointed to safety responsibilities, although it is also an excellent review and update for an experienced safety professional. Each student will develop a complete safety program for a company through an extensive series of workshop sessions.
Regular Price $1,675
Discounted Member $1,325
Course fee includes over $350 worth of reference materials, including Accident Prevention Manual (12th Ed.)/Administration & Programs; Accident Prevention Manual (12th Ed.)/Engineering & Technology; Injury Facts CD-ROM; and Resource CD.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn 2.6 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
Registration confirmations will be mailed. Pre-registration is required.
Homework prior to attending the course. Download and complete the forms prior to the class start date.
In an effort to make your training experience meaningful, as well as applicable in the workplace, you are asked to come to this course prepared to discuss the following: short background about your organization; safety and health procedures/practices, etc. with the organization; safety and health hazards that exist; and how hazards are or are not resolved.
Please complete the following pre-course activity relating to safety and health within your organization. Once completed, ask your supervisor to sign the form. Bring the completed and signed form to class. Your responses will be confidential.
Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!