The OSHA 30-Hour Construction Outreach course is a comprehensive safety program designed for anyone involved in the construction industry. Specifically devised for safety directors, foremen, and field supervisors; the program provides complete information on OSHA compliance issues. This course covers numerous health and safety workplace topics that will familiarize you with OSHA Construction standards. These topics will include the OSHA Construction Focus Four Hazards, identifying common worksite hazards, tool operation and more. We will introduce attendees to the OSHA standards that govern the Construction Industry, explain how to read and use the Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs), and provide an overview of compliance programs and procedures that are required for the construction setting.
- Specific OSHA policies and procedures that apply to the construction industry
- Focus four hazards: Fall, Electrocution, Caught in/between, Struck by, etc.
- Construction Industry hazard identification – Material handling, hand/power tools, etc
- Employer responsibilities
- OSHA Supported worker rights
- Personal protective equipment
- Managing Safety & Health
- Hazard Communication
- Exit routes, Emergency Action Plans & Fire Prevention
- Fire Detection & Protection
- Case Studies & Workshop
- Flammable & Combustible Liquids
- Machine Guarding
- Walking & Working Surfaces
- Welding, Cutting & Brazing
- Material Handling
- Stairways & Ladders
- Permit-Required Confined Spaces
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Industrial Hygiene & Bloodborne Pathogens
- Hand & Portable Power Tools & Other Hand-Held Equipment
Who Should Attend
Intended for construction and building management managers, field crews and workers who have safety and health responsibilities. You will learn how to identify most common hazards found on building sites and methods to prevent injuries. Course assists anyone by educating workers in identifying, predicting, avoiding, preventing and stopping potential workplace hazards.
Kady Olson, Sr. Safety Manager, Wisconsin Safety Council
Registration: 8:15-8:30 (Day 1 only)
Course: 8:30 am-4:30 pm (each day)
12:00-1:00 Lunch on your own day 1-3; last day of class lunch will be provided. (Check out the great restaurants in downtown Madison).WSC training center will include i-Pads for you to place your luncheon order.
Regular Price: $650
Discounted Member: $550
Course materials included.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn 3.0 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
Students successfully completing the course receive a wallet-size completion card from the U.S. Department of Labor-OSHA. The cards will be mailed to students after course completion.
Registration confirmations will be emailed. Pre-registration is required.
Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!