Machine guarding ranks among the top 10 OSHA citations issued, possibly because the regulation can be confusing. Don’t let confusion get in the way of compliance. The Wisconsin Safety Council Machine Guarding Compliance course will help you sort it out. Through discussion and activities, our professional facilitator will break down the regulation into terms you can understand. In just four hours, you’ll learn practices and procedures that will keep you in compliance and, best of all, protect your employees.
· Each section of OSHA 1910 Subpart O Machinery and Machine Guarding (1910.211 – 1910.219)
· Basic concepts, principles and methods of machine guarding
· Common causes of machine incidents and how to avoid them
· Which areas should be guarded to provide adequate worker protection
· Best practices; how to apply basic guarding principles when specific issues aren’t covered in the regulation
Who Should Attend
Anyone involved in the operation or repair of mechanical equipment should attend this course.
Why You Should Attend
This training will familiarize you with the OSHA regulations around machine guarding and provide awareness on the hazards associated with mechanical equipment.
We are offering a half-day course in the morning on Confined Space
Kady Olson, Sr. Safety Manager, Wisconsin Safety Council
Registration: 12:15-12:30 pm
Course: 12:30-4:30 pm
12:00-1:00 Lunch on your own if attending both AM & PM Courses (Check out the great restaurants in downtown Madison).WSC training center will include i-Pads for you to place your luncheon order.
Discounted Member Price:
- Machine Guarding PM Course @ $200
- Confined Space AM Course @ $200
- Both Courses @ $350
- Train-the-Trainer Kits @ $115 (in addition to above pricing)
- Machine Guarding PM Course @ $250
- Confined Space AM Course @ $250
- Both Courses @ $450
- Train-the-Trainer Kits @ $145 (in addition to above pricing)
Train-the-Trainer kits are available, for an additional charge, to anyone interested in training/teaching this topic to your employees. See pricing above.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn .40 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council. Attend both classes and earn .80 CEUs.
Confirmations will be emailed; pre-registration is required.
Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!