Help keep your authorized, affected, and other employees safe
Revamp your training now with our Train-The-Trainer workshop, and help reduce your employees’ risk of accidents!
Are you in compliance? Lockout/Tagout is one of OSHA’s Top 10 “Most Serious Violations” and Top 10 “Most Often Cited Violations.” Our facilitators are safety experts who will break down the regulation and answer your site-specific questions. Wisconsin Safety Council safety experts will guide you through interactive discussions and pair activities relating to the OSHA lockout/tagout regulation. Network with your peers and apply what you learn from this course at your worksite.
Understand key elements of the Lockout/Tagout regulation (29 CFR 1910.147, Subpart J) issued by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
We are offering a full day course the day prior on Confined Space, Train-the-Trainer.
- Establish the purpose for lockout/tagout
- Identify the key components of an energy control program
- Identify the six main elements that should be contained in lockout/tagout procedures
- Identify key elements of a periodic inspection of the energy control device to restore energy and equipment
- Explain group lockout/tagout
- Identify steps to follow to perform testing or positioning on a piece of equipment being repaired
- Recognize the importance of “best practices” for the most effective lockout/tagout program implementation and operation
- Start and implement a lockout/tagout program at your facility
- Set priorities for action once you get back at your facility
- Utilize the resource guide that includes: the OSHA standard, checklist and contact lists
Bob Emmerich, President, Safe Con, LLC
Registration: 8:00 – 8:30 am
Course: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm (lunch not included)
Discounted Member Price:
- Full kit @ $450
- Add’l attendee same company (no kit) @ $225
- Full kit @ $500
- Add’l attendee same company (no kit) @ $275
Full Kit Course Fee Includes:
J.J. Keller’s Training DVD – Lockout/Tagout: Your Key to Safety Training. Get both the training and the program for just the cost of the program!
Note—additional employees from the same company can attend but will not receive J.J. Keller’s Training DVD, they will receive a leaders guide and workbook only.
The Following Training Package is Included in the Full Course Registration Fee:
JJ Keller’s Training DVD- Lockout/Tagout: Your Key to Safety Training
- (1) 20-Minute Video – Combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels. Also available in Spanish
- (1) Instructor’s Guide – Provides you with background information and training tips to make the most of each training session.
- (11) Employee Handbooks – Review key points and include a quiz to check trainees’ understanding of the material.
- (1) Trainer Tools CD-ROM (not sold separately)- CD presents a quick and easy way to invigorate classroom training through visual learning aids. Provides instant access to topic-specific information, including customizable transparency masters, quizzes with answer keys, clip art, training logs, and more. The minimum computer system requirements for the Trainer Tools CD-ROM are Office 2000, with Word, and Internet Explorer version 5.5.
- (1) Awareness Poster – Hang in a break room or training area to remind employees that the rules are in effect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn .40 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
Registration confirmations will be mailed. Pre-registration is required.
Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!