Help keep your authorized, affected, and other employees safe
Are you in compliance? Lockout/Tagout is one of OSHA’s Top 10 “Most Serious Violations” and Top 10 “Most Often Cited Violations.” Our facilitators are safety experts who will break down the regulation and answer your site-specific questions. Wisconsin Safety Council safety experts will guide you through interactive discussions and pair activities relating to the OSHA lockout/tagout regulation. Network with your peers and apply what you learn from this course at your worksite.
Covers OSHA Control of Hazardous Energy, Lockout/Tagout Standard 1910.147 Subpart J, issued by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), key components of an energy control program; inspections of energy control devices; and steps for testing equipment.
We are offering a half day course in the morning on Electrical Safety
- Establish the purpose for lockout/tagout
- Identify the key components of an energy control program
- Identify the main elements that should be contained in lockout/tagout procedures
- Identify key elements of a periodic inspection of the energy control device to restore energy and equipment
- Explain group lockout/tagout
- Identify steps to follow to perform testing or positioning on a piece of equipment being repaired
- Recognize the importance of “best practices” for the most effective lockout/tagout program implementation and operation
- Start and implement a lockout/tagout program at your facility
- Set priorities for action once you get back at your facility
Kady Olson, Sr. Safety Manager, Wisconsin Safety Council
Registration: 12:15-12:30 pm
Course: 12:30-4:30 pm
Discounted Member Price:
- Lockout/Tagout PM Course @ $200
- Electrical Safety AM Course @ $200
- Both Courses @ $350
- Train-the-Trainer Kits @ $115 (in addition to above pricing) Train-the-Trainer kits are available, for an additional charge, to anyone interested in training/teaching this topic to your employees.
- Lockout/Tagout PM Course @ $250
- Electrical Safety AM Course @ $250
- Both Courses @ $450
- Train-the-Trainer Kits @ $145 (in addition to above pricing) Train-the-Trainer kits are available, for an additional charge, to anyone interested in training/teaching this topic to your employees.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn .40 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
Registration confirmations will be Emailed. Pre-registration is required.
Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!