Part of NSC’s Advanced Safety Certificate Program
Job Safety Analysis (JSA) is a proven process for identifying and controlling operating hazards and costs. Get a step-by-step overview of the process, and define your role in making it effective. Through lecture, demonstrations, and workshops, you’ll learn how to develop and manage a JSA program in your workplace. You’ll also learn how to enlist participation from line employees, supervisors, and upper management. This program teaches employees the fundamentals of job safety analysis and shares with managers the motivational aspects of managing a job safety analysis program. Both managers and employees benefit from job safety analysis training. The JSA process will make a safer workplace which means improved production and higher profits for your organization.
- Understand the importance of a JSA
- Identify the key requirements for a successful JSA
- Compile and complete a JSA form correctly
- Participate in the development of efficient operating procedures that reduce personal injuries and operating costs
- Work effectively to reduce hazards, accidents, injuries and risks
- Prepare a plan of action for implementing a JSA
- Recognize and use important safety and health terminology and concepts
- Understand a JSA’s relation to continuous improvement in your organization
- Identify and communicate the safety and financial benefits of using a JSA
- Gain support for and participation in the process from line employees, supervisors, and upper management
- Recognize the hazards inherent in task performance
- Develop appropriate solutions and hazard controls
- Complete a JSA form correctly
- Use a JSA to develop efficient procedures that reduce personal injuries and operating costs
- This class features practical activities to encourage participants to apply information to performance
Who Should Attend
Safety practitioners, safety committee members, safety coordinators, safety specialists, human resources, safety managers, loss control managers and operations managers.
Chevon Cook, Safety Manager, Wisconsin Safety Council.
Regular Price: $440
Discounted Member: $340
Course materials included.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn .65 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
Registration confirmations will be mailed. Pre-registration is required.
Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!