This course is designed to meet the initial training required for individuals who are responsible for responding to releases or potential releases of Hazardous Materials under the Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response standard (29 CFR 1910.12). Over the course of the 24 hour session, individuals will learn how to respond aggressively to stop the release of hazardous substances at the source.
- Learn how to implement your employer’s specific response plan
- Understand hazard and risk assessment techniques
- Learn how to select and use proper specialized chemical personal protective equipment
- Understand and implement decontamination procedures
- Understand basic chemical and toxicological terminology and behavior
Why You Should Attend
Individuals looking to be a Hazardous Materials Technician per 29 CFR 1910.120 or who will be involved in a spill response team should attend this training
Who Should Attend
- Safety Professionals
- Spill Response Teams
- Hazardous Materials Technician
Kady Olson, Sr. Safety Manager, Wisconsin Safety Council
Regular Price: $650
Discounted Member: $550
Course materials included.
12:00-1:00 Lunch on your own (Check out the great restaurants in downtown Madison).WSC training center will include i-Pads for you to place your luncheon order.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn 2.4 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
Registration confirmations will be emailed. Pre-registration is required.
Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!