Comprehensive training for shippers, handlers & transporters. Students are updated with regulatory changes and are given refresher training in the use and application of the 49 CFR manual. Are you meeting hazmat training requirements? Every employee involved in shipping, transporting, or handling hazardous materials must receive training to be certified; the training must be repeated at least every 36 months; and the training must be updated whenever there is a regulation change affecting an employee’s job duties. All employees must be trained in hazmat compliance before performing hazmat activities in the workplace.
- General awareness: a better understanding of hazardous materials requirements
- 172 Table hazardous material. How to ship hazardous materials
- Loading and unloading requirements of 49 CFR
- Manifests and hazardous materials bills of lading
- 49 CFR Subchapter C and HM 126/181 Training requirements
- How to use the emergency response guide
- Homeland security requirements
- Hours of Service, CDL requirements and regulations
- Hazardous materials handler registration requirements
- How to choose a proper POP’s shipping container
- Recognizing and identifying hazardous materials
- Coverage of the most current HazMat transportation regulations to help you assess your compliance efforts and fulfill mandatory recurrent training requirements
- Familiarize individuals with Hazardous Material Regulations (HMR) as given by 49 CFR Subchapter C
Who Should Attend
All employees who are responsible for hazmat employee training; preparing/signing shipping papers; placarding; security; marking and labeling; packaging; loading and unloading of vehicles; and other activities that are regulated under the DOT hazmat regulations.
Why You Should Attend
The DOT hazardous materials transportation regulations require that “hazmat employees” be trained every three years consistent with the requirements established by the Agency. By attending and completing this refresher training session, you may fulfill DOT requirements and receive a certificate evidencing your compliance. The program will also provide you with an update on the latest developments in the regulation of hazardous materials transportation.
Kady Olson, Sr. Safety Manager, Wisconsin Safety Council
Registration: 8:15 – 8:30 am
Course: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
12:00-1:00 Lunch on your own (Check out the great restaurants in downtown Madison). WSC training center will include i-Pads for you to place your luncheon order.
Regular Price: $550
Discounted Member: $450
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend and earn .80 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
Registration confirmations will be emailed. Pre-registration is required.
Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!