This is a 4-hour instructor-led course that reinforces fundamental defensive driving strategies and motivates drivers to change risky behind-the-wheel behaviors and attitudes. The course provides participants with the basic understanding and techniques to avoid motor vehicle incidents and collisions and reduce traffic violations. Participants will acquire the knowledge to recognize potential hazards and learn coping techniques to handle speeding, distracted, impaired, aggressive and fatigued driving, and various traffic and road conditions.
- Blended learning methods and activities to encourage greater student participation small group interaction and improved retention
- Multimedia instructor presentation with hazard recognition scenarios, videos and animated illustrations depicting real-life driving situations
- Multiple testing strategies, knowledge checks and a final exam to ensure participants have reached a desired level of competency and comprehension
Course Sessions & Descriptions
- Driving Defensively –Defensive driving, stages of a crash, and collision prevention strategies
- Distracted and Impaired Driving –Key distractions, impaired and fatigued driver, legal responsibilities, potential risks and impacts
- Conditions in our Roadway Community –Conditions that impact driving, aggressive drivers, reducing risks and hazards
- Fatal Four Driving Behaviors –Top violations leading to collision and incidents, final exam
Chevon Cook, Safety Manager, Wisconsin Safety Council
Regular Price: $100
Discounted Member: $80
Course materials included.
8:00-12:00 Program (lunch not included)
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn .40 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
Registration confirmations will be mailed. Pre-registration is required.
Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!