Confined spaces incidents aren’t the most common, but they can be the most deadly. That’s because the hazards tend to be misunderstood or underestimated. And many confined spaces fatalities involve not one, but two, victims: the worker and the rescuer.
OSHA’s Permit-Required Confined Spaces Regulation was created to help prevent these incidents, and the Wisconsin Safety Council Confined Spaces Compliance Training Course can help you put the regulation into practice and save lives.
· Key elements of the OSHA Permit-Required Confined Spaces Regulation (29 CFR 1910.146)
· Confined spaces concepts and terminology
· The difference between confined spaces and permit-required confined spaces
· How to identify and evaluate hazards: atmospheric, mechanical, chemical
· Procedures for controlling hazards
· Proper protective equipment for confined spaces
· Duties of the entry supervisor, entrant, and attendant
· Procedures for self-rescue, non-entry rescue, entry rescue by company employees, and entry rescue by emergency responders
· Completing the entry process
Who Should Attend
Anyone involved in confined space entry should attend this course. This includes safety professionals, confined space entrants and supervisors.
Why You Should Attend
This training will familiarize you with the OSHA regulations around permit-required confined spaces and provide awareness on the hazards associated with confined space entry.
We are offering a half-day course in the afternoon Machine Guarding
Kady Olson, Sr. Safety Manager, Wisconsin Safety Council
Registration: 7:15-7:30 am
Course: 7:30-11:30 am
Discounted Member Price:
- Confined Space AM Course @ $200
- Machine Guarding PM Course @ $200
- Both Courses @ $350
- Train-the-Trainer Kits @ $115 (in addition to above pricing) Train-the-Trainer kits are available, for an additional charge, to anyone interested in training/teaching this topic to your employees.
- Confined Space AM Course @ $250
- Machine Guarding PM Course @ $250
- Both Courses @ $450
- Train-the-Trainer Kits @ $145 (in addition to above pricing) Train-the-Trainer kits are available, for an additional charge, to anyone interested in training/teaching this topic to your employees.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn .40 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council. Attend both classes and earn .80 CEUs.
Confirmations will be emailed; pre-registration is required.
Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!