Howell Area Chamber of Commerce (Michigan)
President & CEO
The Howell Area Chamber of Commerce seeks an energetic, full-time President and CEO with vision as successor to its recently retired, highly regarded executive of 15 years. The Chamber is an acknowledged leader in Livingston County, playing a major role in shaping the regional agenda; the community is known for its inclusive, collaborative approach. The Chamber’s new executive will direct the development of the organization’s next strategic plan during his/her first year, strengthen ties with larger employers, refresh and drive innovations in chamber programming, and “grow the business.” Economic development, workforce and housing availability are key long-term issues.
The Chamber’s President and CEO reports to the Chair of the Board of Directors. S/he leads the Chamber in the fulfillment of its mission and develops strategies towards a successful, sustained future. S/he is the administrative and operational officer of the Chamber, overseeing all aspects of the organization including operations, marketing, finance, revenue development, and government relations. In addition, the President administers programs and policies established for the conduct of the business of the Chamber.
- A four-year degree from an accredited college in business, management, marketing, HR, nonprofit management, communications or leadership. Graduate degree in these fields a plus.
- Institute for Organization Management training and/or ACCE/ASAE program participation highly desirable.
- Ability to read and understand financial reports, see trends. Ability to understand a variety of business models and to see synergies between enterprises. The ability to see market opportunities for the Chamber, and the ability to develop and implement new Chamber products and services in financially astute ways.
- Five years of management experience, preferably in a 501 (c)(6) organization or other member based entity.
- Experience in working with boards and committees, whether as a member or management.
- Ability to utilize office technology; familiarity with social media.
For complete description of the position, including qualifications and compensation, click here
Express interest via email with cover letter and resume to HowellSearch@organizationdynamics.net by June 11, 2018. No phone inquiries accepted.
The Howell Area Chamber of Commerce has retained Organization Dynamics LLC to assist in its search for new executive leadership. The firm advises nonprofit organizations on matters of governance, planning, operations, mergers and strategic alliances, and executive leadership.
Jefferson Chamber of Commerce
The Jefferson Chamber of Commerce is seeking a highly energetic, motivated and results-driven individual to fill the position of Executive Director. The City of Jefferson is a dynamic community where tranquil country living meets a culture of professional innovation and growth.
The Executive Director will oversee and provide direction for the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce in the following areas:
- Implement and execute short and long range plans and programs initiated by Jefferson Chamber of Commerce.
- Meet and recruit new businesses.
- Maintain daily and monthly financials in Quickbooks. Manage payroll and reporting.
- Prepare monthly agenda, financial reports, organize and facilitate board meetings.
- Prepare and monitor annual budget. Manage monthly payables and receivables.
- Maintain and/or accuracy of membership data & information in the office.
- Respond to member requests for information and support.
- Schedule new member photo and welcome new businesses.
- Oversee duties and responsibilities of Administrative Assistant.
- Engage with members to continually support their business challenges.
- Attend/ Coordinate all special events and meetings. Some nights and weekends are required.
- Strong organizational abilities including strategic planning, event planning and program development.
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting including preparation, analysis, decision- making and reporting.
- Marketing, public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Skills in collaboration and motivation of board members, volunteers and donor groups.
- Demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards, personal performance and accountability.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the organization and travel to various locations throughout Jefferson County.
- Working knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Publisher), WordPress, Constant Contact, Chamber Master and QuickBooks is preferred.
- Experience with filing monthly 941 and quarterly tax reports for Federal and State is preferred.
- An Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as business, public relations, sales or marketing is preferred or equivalent experience.
- Compensatory Time
- Six Paid Holidays
- Mileage Reimbursement (Outside of City Limits)
- Vacation Time (After 90 days)
Send resumes to Julia Chady via email at email@example.com
If you have a position you would like posted, please contact Susan Nyffenegger at (608) 258-3400.