Jefferson Chamber of Commerce
The Jefferson Chamber of Commerce is seeking a highly energetic, motivated and results-driven individual to fill the position of Executive Director. The City of Jefferson is a dynamic community where tranquil country living meets a culture of professional innovation and growth.
The Executive Director will oversee and provide direction for the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce in the following areas:
- Implement and execute short and long range plans and programs initiated by Jefferson Chamber of Commerce.
- Meet and recruit new businesses.
- Maintain daily and monthly financials in Quickbooks. Manage payroll and reporting.
- Prepare monthly agenda, financial reports, organize and facilitate board meetings.
- Prepare and monitor annual budget. Manage monthly payables and receivables.
- Maintain and/or accuracy of membership data & information in the office.
- Respond to member requests for information and support.
- Schedule new member photo and welcome new businesses.
- Oversee duties and responsibilities of Administrative Assistant.
- Engage with members to continually support their business challenges.
- Attend/ Coordinate all special events and meetings. Some nights and weekends are required.
- Strong organizational abilities including strategic planning, event planning and program development.
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting including preparation, analysis, decision- making and reporting.
- Marketing, public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Skills in collaboration and motivation of board members, volunteers and donor groups.
- Demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards, personal performance and accountability.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the organization and travel to various locations throughout Jefferson County.
- Working knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Publisher), WordPress, Constant Contact, Chamber Master and QuickBooks is preferred.
- Experience with filing monthly 941 and quarterly tax reports for Federal and State is preferred.
- An Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as business, public relations, sales or marketing is preferred or equivalent experience.
- Compensatory Time
- Six Paid Holidays
- Mileage Reimbursement (Outside of City Limits)
- Vacation Time (After 90 days)
Send resumes to Julia Chady via email at email@example.com
If you have a position you would like posted, please contact Susan Nyffenegger at (608) 258-3400.